Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #1

bdev4 .22
Night Sights

Sponsored Links
Hello everyone,
I bought Trijicon night sights for my PPQ.When watching the video for installation,I noticed he didn't use loc-tite.Is it needed or not? Red or blue?
Thanks in advance
bdev4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdev4 View Post
Hello everyone,
I bought Trijicon night sights for my PPQ.When watching the video for installation,I noticed he didn't use loc-tite.Is it needed or not? Red or blue?
Thanks in advance
No loc-tite required on the rear sight. I use 'Blue' loc-tite on the front sight.
WilmingtonNC and olsoul like this.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #3

cfrock .22
I disagree here.

A few drops of Loctite now helps to insure the sight doesn't walk out on you. Its cheap insurance.
cfrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrock View Post
I disagree here.

A few drops of Loctite now helps to insure the sight doesn't walk out on you. Its cheap insurance.
That only works on a P99/PPQ if your using the PPS style press fit rear sight. I was refering to the standard rear sight that is held in place with a spring/plunger....on that rear sight, no loc-tite needed.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #5

bdev4 .22
Thanks,I agree with you about the rear sight.I'll be picking up some Blue this weekend for the front.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #6

Mystro .22
Yup, blue on front sight screw only.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #7

bdev4 .22
When I install the Trijicon sights on my PPQ,will I have to adjust the rear sight at all?
Old 01-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #8
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdev4 View Post
When I install the Trijicon sights on my PPQ,will I have to adjust the rear sight at all?
OK here's what cha gotta do. You'll need to depress the plunger that the head of the screw sets in and then you can push the rear sight out of the slide to the left. Be careful when you release the pressure on the plunger cuz if you let it slip that little booger will shoot outta there headed for da moon. I used my thumb nail to press the plunger down...others have used various other things such as a wooden dowel, or maybe a chop stick......just be careful, as the plunger is under pressure.

Once the sight is out, you'll need to unscrew that screw, and to do that you'll need to turn it clockwise, as its a left hand thread. You'll also need to install that same screw into your Meprolight rear sight, turning counter clockwise to screw it in. Actually, you need to take a really close look at how far the head of the screw is recessed into the original sight prior to removing the screw, then when installing the screw in the Meprolight, you'll need to do your best to duplicate that position.

Next, slide the rear sight into the slide from left to right.....right up against the little plunger....making sure that the flat part of the windage screw is parallel to the slide (flat part on bottom), and making sure the slot in the plunger is still aligned with the slide (pointing front to back). Now, use your thumbnail (or something) and depress that plunger (carefully) and when the plunger clears the bottom of the head of the screw, gently push the sight a little farther to the right until the head of the screw is over the slot in the plunger, release the plunger and then carefully try to move the sight a little bit to the right or left (just an rch) to make sure the head of the screw is in the slot....sometimes I'll hear a 'click' as the plunger pops up to capture the head of the screw.

That's pretty much it. Just make sure and visually check the alignment of the sight....you'll be able to tell if the sight is too far one way or the other. Lastly, go to the range and check your POI and adjust the rear sight if necessary.

Note: Take a real close look at the slot in the head of the adjustment screw (see picture in previous post). You'll notice the slot is radiused...meaning the slot is deeper in the center than it is on the outer edges. So, be careful when using a screw driver on that little booger.

Last edited by imaoldfart; 01-11-2013 at 03:15 PM.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #9

bdev4 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
OK here's what cha gotta do. You'll need to depress the plunger that the head of the screw sets in and then you can push the rear sight out of the slide to the left. Be careful when you release the pressure on the plunger cuz if you let it slip that little booger will shoot outta there headed for da moon. I used my thumb nail to press the plunger down...others have used various other things such as a wooden dowel, or maybe a chop stick......just be careful, as the plunger is under pressure.

Once the sight is out, you'll need to unscrew that screw, and to do that you'll need to turn it clockwise, as its a left hand thread. You'll also need to install that same screw into your Meprolight rear sight, turning counter clockwise to screw it in. Actually, you need to take a really close look at how far the head of the screw is recessed into the original sight prior to removing the screw, then when installing the screw in the Meprolight, you'll need to do your best to duplicate that position.

Next, slide the rear sight into the slide from left to right.....right up against the little plunger....making sure that the flat part of the windage screw is parallel to the slide (flat part on bottom), and making sure the slot in the plunger is still aligned with the slide (pointing front to back). Now, use your thumbnail (or something) and depress that plunger (carefully) and when the plunger clears the bottom of the head of the screw, gently push the sight a little farther to the right until the head of the screw is over the slot in the plunger, release the plunger and then carefully try to move the sight a little bit to the right or left (just an rch) to make sure the head of the screw is in the slot....sometimes I'll hear a 'click' as the plunger pops up to capture the head of the screw.

That's pretty much it. Just make sure and visually check the alignment of the sight....you'll be able to tell if the sight is too far one way or the other. Lastly, go to the range and check your POI and adjust the rear sight if necessary.

Note: Take a real close look at the slot in the head of the adjustment screw (see picture in previous post). You'll notice the slot is radiused...meaning the slot is deeper in the center than it is on the outer edges. So, be careful when using a screw driver on that little booger.
Installation of the Trijicon night sights was a breeze.Thanks again.Green front Yellow rears.I wanted the contrast.I'm 56 and use 2.25 reading glasses.Otherwise my vision is 20/20.When sighting up,a little blurry,as usual.Will be at the range early am tomorrow to check them out.They look great!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #10

SteveL .22
Where are you guys buying the Trijicons? And are there any other brands available yet?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page
glock large sight radius
m&p9 trijicon cheap
meprolight ml-18800
ppq rear sight meprolight height

sight radius

two dot night sights

walther arms ppq phosphorus night sights sale

walther forums sights
walther p99 rear sight plunger for sale
walther ppq night sights
walther sight meprolight 18802 height
Click on a term to search for related topics.