WaltherForums
 

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 21
bdev4 .22
Night Sights

Sponsored Links
Hello everyone,
I bought Trijicon night sights for my PPQ.When watching the video for installation,I noticed he didn't use loc-tite.Is it needed or not? Red or blue?
Thanks in advance
bdev4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 3,739
imaoldfart .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdev4 View Post
Hello everyone,
I bought Trijicon night sights for my PPQ.When watching the video for installation,I noticed he didn't use loc-tite.Is it needed or not? Red or blue?
Thanks in advance
No loc-tite required on the rear sight. I use 'Blue' loc-tite on the front sight.
WilmingtonNC and olsoul like this.
__________________
He's not a Slow President, and he's not a Fast President....He's a Half Fast President
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 22
cfrock .22
I disagree here.

A few drops of Loctite now helps to insure the sight doesn't walk out on you. Its cheap insurance.
cfrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 3,739
imaoldfart .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrock View Post
I disagree here.

A few drops of Loctite now helps to insure the sight doesn't walk out on you. Its cheap insurance.
That only works on a P99/PPQ if your using the PPS style press fit rear sight. I was refering to the standard rear sight that is held in place with a spring/plunger....on that rear sight, no loc-tite needed.

__________________
He's not a Slow President, and he's not a Fast President....He's a Half Fast President
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 21
bdev4 .22
Thanks,I agree with you about the rear sight.I'll be picking up some Blue this weekend for the front.
bdev4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Mystro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central Pa.
Posts: 301
Mystro .22
Yup, blue on front sight screw only.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 21
bdev4 .22
When I install the Trijicon sights on my PPQ,will I have to adjust the rear sight at all?
bdev4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #8
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 3,739
imaoldfart .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdev4 View Post
When I install the Trijicon sights on my PPQ,will I have to adjust the rear sight at all?
OK here's what cha gotta do. You'll need to depress the plunger that the head of the screw sets in and then you can push the rear sight out of the slide to the left. Be careful when you release the pressure on the plunger cuz if you let it slip that little booger will shoot outta there headed for da moon. I used my thumb nail to press the plunger down...others have used various other things such as a wooden dowel, or maybe a chop stick......just be careful, as the plunger is under pressure.

Once the sight is out, you'll need to unscrew that screw, and to do that you'll need to turn it clockwise, as its a left hand thread. You'll also need to install that same screw into your Meprolight rear sight, turning counter clockwise to screw it in. Actually, you need to take a really close look at how far the head of the screw is recessed into the original sight prior to removing the screw, then when installing the screw in the Meprolight, you'll need to do your best to duplicate that position.

Next, slide the rear sight into the slide from left to right.....right up against the little plunger....making sure that the flat part of the windage screw is parallel to the slide (flat part on bottom), and making sure the slot in the plunger is still aligned with the slide (pointing front to back). Now, use your thumbnail (or something) and depress that plunger (carefully) and when the plunger clears the bottom of the head of the screw, gently push the sight a little farther to the right until the head of the screw is over the slot in the plunger, release the plunger and then carefully try to move the sight a little bit to the right or left (just an rch) to make sure the head of the screw is in the slot....sometimes I'll hear a 'click' as the plunger pops up to capture the head of the screw.

That's pretty much it. Just make sure and visually check the alignment of the sight....you'll be able to tell if the sight is too far one way or the other. Lastly, go to the range and check your POI and adjust the rear sight if necessary.

Note: Take a real close look at the slot in the head of the adjustment screw (see picture in previous post). You'll notice the slot is radiused...meaning the slot is deeper in the center than it is on the outer edges. So, be careful when using a screw driver on that little booger.
__________________
He's not a Slow President, and he's not a Fast President....He's a Half Fast President

Last edited by imaoldfart; 01-11-2013 at 03:15 PM.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 21
bdev4 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
OK here's what cha gotta do. You'll need to depress the plunger that the head of the screw sets in and then you can push the rear sight out of the slide to the left. Be careful when you release the pressure on the plunger cuz if you let it slip that little booger will shoot outta there headed for da moon. I used my thumb nail to press the plunger down...others have used various other things such as a wooden dowel, or maybe a chop stick......just be careful, as the plunger is under pressure.

Once the sight is out, you'll need to unscrew that screw, and to do that you'll need to turn it clockwise, as its a left hand thread. You'll also need to install that same screw into your Meprolight rear sight, turning counter clockwise to screw it in. Actually, you need to take a really close look at how far the head of the screw is recessed into the original sight prior to removing the screw, then when installing the screw in the Meprolight, you'll need to do your best to duplicate that position.

Next, slide the rear sight into the slide from left to right.....right up against the little plunger....making sure that the flat part of the windage screw is parallel to the slide (flat part on bottom), and making sure the slot in the plunger is still aligned with the slide (pointing front to back). Now, use your thumbnail (or something) and depress that plunger (carefully) and when the plunger clears the bottom of the head of the screw, gently push the sight a little farther to the right until the head of the screw is over the slot in the plunger, release the plunger and then carefully try to move the sight a little bit to the right or left (just an rch) to make sure the head of the screw is in the slot....sometimes I'll hear a 'click' as the plunger pops up to capture the head of the screw.

That's pretty much it. Just make sure and visually check the alignment of the sight....you'll be able to tell if the sight is too far one way or the other. Lastly, go to the range and check your POI and adjust the rear sight if necessary.

Note: Take a real close look at the slot in the head of the adjustment screw (see picture in previous post). You'll notice the slot is radiused...meaning the slot is deeper in the center than it is on the outer edges. So, be careful when using a screw driver on that little booger.
Installation of the Trijicon night sights was a breeze.Thanks again.Green front Yellow rears.I wanted the contrast.I'm 56 and use 2.25 reading glasses.Otherwise my vision is 20/20.When sighting up,a little blurry,as usual.Will be at the range early am tomorrow to check them out.They look great!
bdev4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
SteveL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 252
SteveL .22
Where are you guys buying the Trijicons? And are there any other brands available yet?
__________________
Steve
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ


Search tags for this page
glock large sight radius
,
m&p9 trijicon cheap
,
meprolight ml-18800
,
ppq rear sight meprolight height
,

sight radius

,
two dot night sights
,

walther arms ppq phosphorus night sights sale

,
walther forums sights
,
walther p99 rear sight plunger for sale
,
walther ppq night sights
,
walther sight meprolight 18802 height
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.