Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
cjd

cjd .22
buy PPQ now or wait for 5" M2?

Sponsored Links
Hi I decided I want a PPQ 9mm . This will be my first handgun. Since I will mostly be using it for range shooting should I wait for the M2 with the 5 inch barrel? Would there be any difference with the longer barrel as far as acurracy? Or will that extra inch not make any difference?Thanks.
cjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
Hi I decided I want a PPQ 9mm . This will be my first handgun. Since I will mostly be using it for range shooting should I wait for the M2 with the 5 inch barrel? Would there be any difference with the longer barrel as far as acurracy? Or will that extra inch not make any difference?Thanks.
All depends.....do you want to shoot that fly between the eyes or would you settle for a body shot? If it's a range only pistol, I'd wait for the PPQ M2 with 5" barrel. If you ever intend to carry, then I'd go for the 4 inch.
olsoul likes this.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #3

cal45 Unproven
This is the PPS section - You missed the correct PPQ section by thismuch.

Welcome to the forum!
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #4

Blak1508 .22
So nice^..... usually longer barrels yield better accuracy but depends on lots and lots of other things... It will be your first handgun, so I would sign up for a class.

It is still a work in progress
Blak1508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #5

Mig1 Unproven
Do you want the push button mag release or the paddle mag release?

The 5" M2 will be push button like a 1911, Glock or M&P. The current PPQ is a paddle style release similar to an H&K.

If this is your first gun, I'd say the 4" barrel is probably a better way to go since you can more easily conceal it if you eventually get a concealed carry permit.

But again, keep in mind the current 4" will have the paddle mag release.

Most people who have used both seem to prefer the paddle.

Most guns found in the United States are push button.

If you end up using this for home defense, the 5" can mount a light under it and not blast the crap out of the top of the bezel.
Mig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
cjd

cjd .22
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I found a PPQ 9mm at a LGS and have it on hold. It comes with two ten round mags. I thought they were supposed to be 16. But I guess I can always find the 16s somewhere. They want $599.00. So what do you guys think?
Old 01-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #7

DuraRation .22
9mm mags

The magazines will be hard to find just like the gun is. So I suggest you get now or make sure it lock in to be yours like you said. Then after having it you can make a better informed decision to get the New PPQ from WaltherArms.com
with the button release.
If we allow the leftist control freaks to ignore and ultimately gut the 2nd Amendment, history will inevitably repeat itself. These "gun control" proposals have NOTHING to do with preventing crime, but EVERYTHING to do with CONTROL.
DuraRation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #8

Blak1508 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I found a PPQ 9mm at a LGS and have it on hold. It comes with two ten round mags. I thought they were supposed to be 16. But I guess I can always find the 16s somewhere. They want $599.00. So what do you guys think?
Is it a 9mm? Is the gun new or like new? Because if it is indeed a NIB 9mm ill be willing to be that your LGS took the mags out and put in 2 10 rounders and is selling the 15 rounders for 75$ a piece. Check into that because they are supposed to come with 2 15 rounders and if new the LGS is not allowed to tamper with the gun or accessories like that. If they did, I'd be making a phone call to Walther. I hope for your sake that the gun is like new, otherwise I am PO

I am not saying your LGS is corrupt but I have heard stories of this happening before. If they do claim it's new and your out of a cap state, they are taking you for a ride bro.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #9
cjd

cjd .22
I went out to the LGS and it was a brand new PPQ .40 not a 9mm. I told him twice on the phone I wanted the 9mm. It had (2) 12 mags. I loved the way it felt in my hand. I liked the paddle mag release also. I was thinking do I really want to leave this here. But I really want the 9mm so I left. If I cant get one then I will just wait for the M1. There is a website for my state that has guns and someone is selling a brand new (never used) PPQ 9mm for $800. If I can get it down to $650 or lower maybie I will buy it.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #10

Blak1508 .22
I'd buy a 40 specially with a paddle and no S&W stamp and I already have a 9mm( with stamp) ... I want a Navy 9mm and an osprey can .. That would by my life goal

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page

ppq 5 inch

ppq m2 5 inch
ppq m2 5 inch barrel

walther ppq 5 inch

walther ppq 5 inch barrel

walther ppq 5 inch for sale

walther ppq 5 inch review

walther ppq m2 5 inch

walther ppq m2 5 inch 9mm
walther ppq m2 5 inch barrel
walther ppq m2 5 inch for sale

walther ppq m2 5 inch review

Click on a term to search for related topics.