Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #61

Noodles .22
Sponsored Links
Quote:
Originally Posted by saym14 View Post
is it possible the M2 will designate the PPQ post S&W divorce? I assume it will have different import markings?
Extremely unlikely. Updates for the backends on the distributor sides would be unaffected of what the import marking says.

There is no question we're going to see a PPQ with a standard mag release. The only question is if Walther is going to offer the M2 with the euromag release OR offer the original/M1 with a 5" barrel. Will Walther offer both? Will one far out sell the other? Most likely only one can survive, so which one will it be?

There are a few things getting rid of the euro mag release can do FOR walter/owners... You can get a little higher on the gun for one because it's possible to under cut that trigger guard a little. Lights like the Crimson Trace LightGuard or the X300's attachment that goes under the trigger guard might work better. Commonality to other handguns. It makes sense really. Regardless of how much better the ambi/german release might be.

It's possible M2 could have meant Market2 or Mode/Model2 that designated the standard mag release only, where an M1 and M2 could be side by side. But the PPX with a standard is already being called the PPX M1, so that wouldn't make any sense.
Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #62

saym14 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
Extremely unlikely. Updates for the backends on the distributor sides would be unaffected of what the import marking says.

There is no question we're going to see a PPQ with a standard mag release. The only question is if Walther is going to offer the M2 with the euromag release OR offer the original/M1 with a 5" barrel. Will Walther offer both? Will one far out sell the other? Most likely only one can survive, so which one will it be?

There are a few things getting rid of the euro mag release can do FOR walter/owners... You can get a little higher on the gun for one because it's possible to under cut that trigger guard a little. Lights like the Crimson Trace LightGuard or the X300's attachment that goes under the trigger guard might work better. Commonality to other handguns. It makes sense really. Regardless of how much better the ambi/german release might be.

It's possible M2 could have meant Market2 or Mode/Model2 that designated the standard mag release only, where an M1 and M2 could be side by side. But the PPX with a standard is already being called the PPX M1, so that wouldn't make any sense.
its strange that M2 magazine are showing up on websites too. leaves me to beleive the M2 has the standard mag release. if the only change were a 5 inch barerl they could use the same mags.
saym14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #63

Mig1 Unproven
I wonder if the M2 magazine will have multiple mag catch slots so that it would be compatible with both guns...?
Mig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #64

marcus58 .22
mag release

I for one would hate to see the euro style mag release go away. I prefer it and find using it second nature. Not all, but many folks who don't like it simply aren't using it correctly. Walther has not done a good job teaching people about using the mag release. I believe the middle finger of my right hand is the best for me. No pun intended. This does not require changing one's grip to release the mag.
Boogs, imaoldfart, cfr and 1 others like this.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #65

Noodles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig1 View Post
I wonder if the M2 magazine will have multiple mag catch slots so that it would be compatible with both guns...?
Did you read my posts above? Yes, most likely this is glock gen3 to gen4 style switch. The PPQ mags will probably work with the PPX on the right side or left side release but not both. PPQ M2 would work with both, and probably in PPQ Original/M1.
Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #66

Boogs .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus58 View Post
I for one would hate to see the euro style mag release go away. I prefer it and find using it second nature. Not all, but many folks who don't like it simply aren't using it correctly. Walther has not done a good job teaching people about using the mag release. I believe the middle finger of my right hand is the best for me. No pun intended. This does not require changing one's grip to release the mag.
It makes sense, and certainly seems more fluid, doesn't it?

I've noticed new shooters prefer it, but we all know that old habits die hard-- those more accustom to the button are quick to criticize
Old 12-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #67

saym14 .22
so ....this M2 mystery continues. will it ever be solved ? anyone try contacting Walther ?
saym14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #68
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Walther is simply trying to grab a little bit bigger slice of the pie....something for everyone. Continue to offer the elongated ambidextrous mag release for all the REAL Walther fans and a button release for all those that are used to the button style mag release. If ya can't convert em' just give em' what they want.

I think it's all good, and can't wait to see what Walther has up its sleeve when January rolls around.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #69

Grasshopper .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by saym14 View Post
so ....this M2 mystery continues. will it ever be solved ? anyone try contacting Walther ?
I was going to contact 'Unsolved mysteries' and see what they think.
Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #70

Bad_Brains .22
Due to being used to using my strong hand index finger to work the paddle release I believe that now if I had to use a pistol with a button release that I'd probably want the button set up like a lefty would want it so I could still use my strong hand index finger to work it.

Mason, Army Vet., NRA member
Bad_Brains is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page

ppq m2

ppq m2 review
ppq vs ppq m2
ppqm2

walther ppq m2

walther ppq m2 for sale
walther ppq m2 navy
walther ppq m2 navy sd
walther ppq m2 navy sd review

walther ppq m2 review

walther ppq m2 reviews
walther ppq vs ppq m2
Click on a term to search for related topics.