WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #1

FordTrax .22
PPQ 5" Slide - S&W Discussion at Outdoor Show

Sponsored Links
Went to the Outdoor Show in Harrisburg today. While I was there I stopped by the S&W booth. I looked at some of the Walther stuff and talked to a Product Manager who was in the booth. I mentioned I would really like to see a 5" version of the P99 or PPQ. He indicated that Walther had drawings for a 5" version of the PPQ but S&W was concerned about the ability to sell enough of the 5" versions to make it worthwhile. So a 5" version did not progress further than drawings. He did say that that PPQ is selling very well since they dropped the price (I believe he said $499) and should sales continue to be good that may help them decide to try a 5" version of the PPQ in the future. I suggested a 5" with fiber optic sights standard much like the XDM 5.25 has.

He also indicated there was nothing new in the Walther pipeline in the short term. Anyway, they guy seemed very nice and was familiar with the product and seemed sincere when discussing the 5" version. I really hope to see that! The P99 and PPQ are so sweet.

Any body else here anything about a long slide version?
FordTrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #2

Dtech .22
I haven't heard anything official but I also suspected that recent PPQ sales and the talk and notoriety that has been building on the net would likely end in a sport/tactical long slide version. I am EXTREMELY happy with my 9mm PPQ with standard 3 dot sights. It is EXTREMELY accurate, even target grade accurate, so a 5 inch with an even longer sight radius would be awesome and Walther could definitely put me down for at least one.
Dtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:54 AM   #3

Elbows .22
I'd like a PPQ Compact at some point. Not interested in a 5" gamer model, but who knows...with this trigger, it could be really competitive in a short amount of time.
Elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #4

photoshooter .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
I'd like a PPQ Compact at some point. Not interested in a 5" gamer model, but who knows...with this trigger, it could be really competitive in a short amount of time.

I'd love to see (and would buy) both!
photoshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page
ordering walther ppq5
ppq 5
ppq 5 inch
ppq 5in
ppq compact
ppq long slide
walther ppq 5

walther ppq 5 inch

walther ppq 5inch

walther ppq long slide

walther ppq longslide
xdm 5.25 vs ppq 5
Click on a term to search for related topics.