Ft Smith PPKs and PPK/Ss - Page 7 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #61

Ruload .22
It will be interesting to see what happens when (if) they ever come out. They're not appealing to a large percent of Walther fans by continuing the beak, and having a .380 only chambering. It also may not appeal to a lot of other folks looking for a carry gun, as there are much cheaper, lighter, smaller, or more powerful options. I want one to be sure, but I don't believe I constitute the majority of gun purchasers.
Pilotsteve likes this.
Ruload is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #62

kat1950 .22
Another tread on speculation, just a waste of time and bandwidth
kat1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #63

Ruload .22
A forum, by it's very definition, is a place for open discussion. Some of us enjoy the exchange. If you don't, feel free to move along.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:48 PM   #64

kat1950 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruload View Post
A forum, by it's very definition, is a place for open discussion. Some of us enjoy the exchange. If you don't, feel free to move along.
As a Junior member Ruload, We try to deal with facts not speculation, and as a new person this topic has been beat to death here to the point that one thread was locked after 47 pages, if you are looking for open discussion try dealing with facts that will be beneficial to serious members.

By the way the person that started that thread was the last person to post to that thread, that post lead to insulting 3 senior members, which along with 47 pages of bandwidth, caused that thread to be Locked.

Last edited by kat1950; 04-20-2017 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:03 PM   #65

Ruload .22
I'm aware of these things, I've cruised this forum for years. My old account disappeared for some reason, so this one is new. I don't spend much time posting, but I spend countless hours reading.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:11 PM   #66

kat1950 .22
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruload View Post
I'm aware of these things, I've cruised this forum for years. My old account disappeared for some reason, so this one is new. I don't spend much time posting, but I spend countless hours reading.
Reading is great, shows you are a Smart man, unlike some here that profess knowledge that they do not have.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:34 PM   #67

halfmoonclip .22
Calm down, Kat. You haven't achieved codger status here just yet.
Moon

German cars, Austrian guns, Irish beer
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #68

Ruload .22
In an effort to get back on track.....

I seem to recall reading on one of these many Ft Smith PPK posts, is that the slide is made in Germany. Does anyone with a good source know why this is (if it is the case)? We're all under the impression the frame is still a casting (likely sourced from Ruger's Pine Tree foundry, which is an industry leader), but is there some sort of specific heat treatment that goes into the slides that the Germans are particular about?

I'm certainly not trying to continue with mere speculation, but rather to continue a thoughtful exchange of ideas, especially since we have some folks here who seem to have some really good information.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:55 PM   #69

phansson .22
I have talked to three Walther employees (sales reps and higher management) and they have told me (all three) that the slide is 100% made in Germany. I live in Fort Smith where they are produced.

I never thought to ask why......
phansson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:04 PM   #70

SteveM .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
I have talked to three Walther employees (sales reps and higher management) and they have told me (all three) that the slide is 100% made in Germany. I live in Fort Smith where they are produced.

I never thought to ask why......
...probably so that they can say the pistol is made in Germany.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Search tags for this page

is the ppx walther still covered by a warrenty

walther factory ft smith ar

Click on a term to search for related topics.