Walther Forums banner

NIB .32 PPK sold on GB for big $$$$$

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  wardhaines 
#1 ·
#2 ·
In my old line of work, referencing folks who weren't particularly happy for whatever reason and chose inappropriate means to express their distaste, we used to say, simply, "They're out there." These days, apparently, they are in here as well.

That's a nice pistol. Whether it's a nice $2,200 pistol is another matter entirely.

#4 ·
Proof positive that Condition sells.

On the other hand, this does not mean that every gun with a slight bit of holster wear is worth almost as much. (It isn't).

Then again, the idea of having a gun like that sitting in a safe for 40 or 50 years, unused and unenjoyed, is too dreadful for me to contemplate. There are other things in life besides an obsession with the pristine.

M

#8 · (Edited)
Just came home from vacation last night, stopped by my FFL today at lunch and picked up my 1975 PPK/S in 380 and my 1983 PPK/S in 22lr. Good day!
Both are in "like new" excellent condition and I'll be shooting them both at the range this weekend. Both together cost about half of this PPK.

So NO SEARCHER451, I'm not unhappy, I simply think spending $2250 on a safe queen is a waste.

#11 ·
Unless you find a widow trying to get rid of her late husband's pistol, and have no qualms about "stealing" the pistol from her, the days of the affordable 7.65 PPK are long gone.

One of the many downsides of the interweb.

#13 ·
Ironic that .32 is such an unpopular caliber in the US that they bring a huge premium over .380.

If the Bond mystique is a big part of the lasting attraction to the ppk, it seems bizarre to not make it in the Bond caliber.

Particularly since the aficionados say the .32 is a much more pleasant round to shoot.

#15 ·
Concur with Blitz'. The consigenti here have done no small thing to boost the popularity of the .32 version. In this country, 'bigger was better' and there wasn't much interest in the smaller caliber when the guns were sold as actual weapons, rather than collectors items.
I found a brandy-ass new PPK/s .32, forlorn in a LGS for little money many years ago.
Moon

#16 ·
Has anyone considered that a true 1970 PPK is almost unheard of hear in the US? The GCA of 1968 pretty much stopped the legal import of the genuine, German made PPk in that year, and the only ones in the states were restricted for law enforcement (individual or government purchase by police), smuggled in, or possibly brought in for the US govt by diplomatic pouch, etc. They do exist, and without import marks, but they are way more rare than legitimate, pre 1968 guns.

#17 ·
I feel kinda bad for just testing (40 rounds) my .32ACP pre-war PPK then cleaning it and storing it in the safe. It is a much nicer pistol than my Interarms 380, at least in terms of shooting it. The .32 just handles so well. It truly is a joy to shoot. Maybe I should just go order some 32 ammo and shoot it some more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.