WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2005, 11:06 AM   #1

BennyMA Unproven
Sponsored Links
Does anyone have a PP Super 9X18? Earl's in Massachusetts has them advertised.

PP Super

Any info, opinions would be appreciated. What about price, is it in the same range as a German PPK? I'm considering this or a P5.

Thanks in advance,
Benny
BennyMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #2

ikiddp5 Unproven
The PP Super 9X18 is indeed a rare gun, it's ammo is difficult to find, and replacement parts almost impossible. I would choose a P5 or a P5C, both are excellent guns and a pleasure to shoot!

Walther PP .32
Taurus PT 24/7 9mm
FN P9 9mm
Taurus PT 609 Ti 9mm

Luke 22:36
Luke 11:21

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature."
-St. George Tucker, 1803
ikiddp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:04 AM   #3

walrus Unproven
I think there may be a few old threads on those and a few being sold in the past on this sites for sale section. I see a few on the auction sites from time to time. Earl's is probaly outrageous on those as he is on everthing else. I think they were never realy popular and the ammo was hard to get or expensive. If you want a shooter maybe check for used ones. I don't know why a p5 was suggested but since it was I will comment that I like mine a lot and it is on the unusual/rare but reasonable side if that is what you are looking for.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:13 PM   #4

Brian Unproven
Hello Benny---funny you should mention a PP super 9x18. I just inherited one from a gentleman who lost most of his gun collection in Katrina, and was totally disgusted with the condition of the few that he pulled out of the muck---so he was going to pitch them--one being the PP. I have been on another sight trying to find info on this gun to disassemble it and clean it. So I have just finished reconditioning it but have not fired it and cannot comment on how user friendly it is. If you need info on how to tear it down, thats about all I can help with. Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:48 PM   #5

BennyMA Unproven
Brian, I hope everything works out well with the PP Super. When I first saw a picture of one, I thought it was one of the best looking pistols I'd ever seen. But folks say the ammo is hard to obtain and Earl at Earl's Repair said they are really collector guns, and they are a little spendy; if I remember correctly it was quite a bit more than $1500. That's too much for me; guess a picture of one on my desk top will have to do.

Best of luck with it, I hope it serves you well.
Benny
Old 10-22-2005, 11:03 AM   #6
RCK
Memeber

RCK .22
Guys, if you're looking for 9x18, you might be able to find what you need at Ammoman. He's a decent guy, and located here in New Jersey. Lots of variety, rare stuff, and decent prices. Check out his website at www.ammoman.com.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:10 PM   #7

jehzsa .22
FWIW, the 9x18 Ultra(Police) cartridge is my favorite. Which explains the 9x18 Us that I own,
Walther PP Super
Benelli B82
Sig P230
Mauser HSc(on its way).

Geco late 70s issue cartridges can be obtained at SOG for about $8.00/50. Fiocchi usually sells for $19.95/50 at different outfits. Hirtenberger is impossible to find commercially now in the US. Those are the three(3) sole manufacturers of 9x18U ammo.

BTW, only six pistols originally chambered for that cartridge. Missing from my list is a Tanfoglio ST-30 and a 1935-1936 Walther PP pistol, the one that started it all. Still looking for them. I have located Tanfoglios in Italy, but no NIB.

The Walther PP Super is a sweet shooter. Very comfortable recoil, very accurate, very reliable. Parts can be obtained in Germany easily. All parts. If buying/looking for parts for them in the US, Earl's has them.

And the darn thing looks very cool. No-nonsense cool. And still very popular in Europe. http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg148-e.htm
jehzsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:28 PM   #8

BennyMA Unproven
Thanks for all the info, guys. Maybe all is not lost after all. It sure is a great looking gun imho; I'd really like to add one to my collection.

Thanks again,
Bennt
Old 11-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #9

jehzsa .22
95% Walther PP Super 9x18s can be had for $500.00 or less. They regularly appear for sale at the auction houses and Gunsamerica. Check them all out. Condition varies. Prices too.

You will not be disappointed.
jehzsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #10

farmerdave .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyMA View Post
Does anyone have a PP Super 9X18? Earl's in Massachusetts has them advertised.

PP Super

Any info, opinions would be appreciated. What about price, is it in the same range as a German PPK? I'm considering this or a P5.

Thanks in advance,
Benny
the 9x18 is a superb piece, of particular note is that it is designed to be kept loaded...safely. the hammer and pin never line up until you pull the trigger, there is a decocking mech that works great, but mainly, its a great piece to leave loaded safely --ammo pops up at fiocci, you have to grab a case or two and you never have to worry, you can get boxes of 50 for about 20.00
farmerdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Search tags for this page
pp super
walther 9x18
walther 9x18 magazine

walther pp super

walther pp super - quality

walther pp super 9x18

walther pp super 9x18 magazine
walther pp super 9x18 ultra

walther pp super for sale

walther pp super magazine for sale
walther pp super value
walther ppk 9x18
Click on a term to search for related topics.