WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #1

syd2315 .22
.22 LR PPK information/value

Sponsored Links
Hello, I have a .22 LR PPK and have done some research on it but was wondering what else you all could tell me and if you could help put a value on it. It is a 430XXX k serial number. It is one of the Zella Mehlis (Thur) pistols. By the serial number it is one of the last 800 made before the factory was dismantled. The bluing is in good shape but does have some age spots showing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2254a.jpg (51.4 KB, 93 views)
syd2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #2

153 .22
Looks like a real nice pistol, take good care of it!
153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
As Brad/153 indicates, that looks to be a fine old soldier; you are fortunate to have it. Its value depends on a great many factors, including its overall condition, whether it's mechanically sound, whether anything else (from original magazines to holsters to capture papers) are included with the pistol, etc.

Here are a couple of starting points for you:

'What should I pay for it?' and 'How much is this worth' questions? Start here

Some websites to help PP/PPK owners ID their guns

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #4

jujonte .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd2315 View Post
Hello, I have a .22 LR PPK and have done some research on it but was wondering what else you all could tell me and if you could help put a value on it. It is a 430XXX k serial number. It is one of the Zella Mehlis (Thur) pistols. By the serial number it is one of the last 800 made before the factory was dismantled. The bluing is in good shape but does have some age spots showing.
From the one picture it looks to be in very good condition. Nice gun.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #5

syd2315 .22
I don't believe the magazine is original as it is not blued. It has a black matte finish. It shoots very well. I replaced the recoil spring and the firing pin spring with Wolff (kept the originals).

THanks
Old 01-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #6

alfonzo .22
Its hard to tell from your photo you posted for your PPK as I only can download the photo of left side of the pistol.

But all PPK pistols in .22 lr war time or pre war are quite rare as most .22 lr were PP pistols.

Also, one of the greatest mysteries of Walther during the end of the war is why did Walther make several hundred Walther PPK pistols in .22 lr as caliber .22 lr is a non military caliber. Also, during this time the Russian and US forces were just about knocking on the Walther door.

As an estimate value for your pistol, as I can only see one photo, a starting price would be somewhere about $2,000.00.

al
alfonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #7
Banned

JW 759 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonzo View Post
Its hard to tell from your photo you posted for your PPK as I only can download the photo of left side of the pistol.

But all PPK pistols in .22 lr war time or pre war are quite rare as most .22 lr were PP pistols.

Also, one of the greatest mysteries of Walther during the end of the war is why did Walther make several hundred Walther PPK pistols in .22 lr as caliber .22 lr is a non military caliber. Also, during this time the Russian and US forces were just about knocking on the Walther door.

As an estimate value for your pistol, as I can only see one photo, a starting price would be somewhere about $2,000.00.

al
I'd give 2K if it works every time with:

1. CCI Standard Velocity 40gr Lead Solids
2. Remington Eley Target Rifle 40gr Solids
3. Federal Gold Match 40 gr Lead Solids
4. RWS Match Target 40gr Lead Solids.

In the higher than normal match velocity I'd still give 2K in the following:

1. Federal 36gr HPs
2. CCI Mini Mags
3. Win Super X 36gr or 40gr.

If it works all the time with any one of the above I'd give 2K for it.
Better check it out before assigning worth to a .22 PP. It was really made for the .32 and all other calibers came from after thought. That means it is indeed worth 2K if it can fire any of the above without cycling or function problems. I'll forgo the target of whatever ammo actually works in it. The Walther is a close range handgun anyway.

If you want 2K for a working .22LR Walther and it satisfies my listed agenda then pm me and you get 2K for it through all the FBI and paperwork which I will fund beyond that. I will pay transportation and your fees to send it to me.
Make sure it works every time with some kind of ammo that I listed though. If it doesn't and you send it to me saying it works all the time I will say a few things about my new .22 LR purchase in the PP series.

I am not joking. Others here seem to think we can joke about such things. Prove me right.

Here's one handgun I have that works every time:

I am not expecting a Walther PP series to do this kind of 20 shot group. I am expecting it to shoot 20 shots without fail.

Have 41
Will Travel

Last edited by JW 759; 01-03-2012 at 01:45 PM.
JW 759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #8

NWShooter .22
Hi syd2315,

The value of a collector piece such as your PPK in .22LR has nothing to do with what brand of ammo it will or will not fire, but has everything to do with what the market will bear. Most collectors who are lucky enough to own a Walther like yours would never fire it.

I agree with alfonzo's assessment as to a potential value.

BTW, is it possible that it has a DURAL (aluminum alloy) frame? Can you provide a picture of the RH side?

Last edited by NWShooter; 01-03-2012 at 10:46 PM.
NWShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Milspec .38
I don't have a .22 PPK but my late WWII PP .22 has the original magazine. It has a black matte finish...not blue.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #10

syd2315 .22
pictures of the right side

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been tied up at the office. Here is the right side. You'll notice I blacked out 2 digits of the serial number. It is a very low number. Great info and thanks to everyone who is helping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2255b.jpg (66.6 KB, 52 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Search tags for this page
.22 walther ppk

.22lr ppk

1966 walther ppk 22lr values

22 caliber ppk

22lr ppk

ppk 22lr

walther ppk .22lr pistol

walther ppk .22lr value

walther ppk 22 value

walther ppk 22lr collectors

walther ppk 22lr value

walther ppk dural frame .32

Click on a term to search for related topics.