WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #1

Dodge9This .22
Wolf Springs Service Pack II Review

Sponsored Links
I picked up a 2000ish Interarms/S&W tranisition PPK. I figured since I plan to carry the pistol I should upgrade the springs for reliaibity. I ordered the
Wolf Springs Service Pack II which contains the following springs to "return pistol to original factory condition": recoil spring, firing pin spring, hammer spring, extractor spring, magazine catch spring, trigger guard spring, locking bar spring, and + power magazine Spring.

I installed all but the trigger guard spring, as it was stiff. The recoil spring had the same number of coils, but was longer then the one that came with the pistol and had tighter first coil, which made it dificult to install and scratched my barrel. After the install the trigger pull was harder then before and along with the slide.

At the range today my pistol ate Cor-Bon DPX 80gr, Win 90gn FMG and Rem 88gr JHP with out any problems.

My girlfriend was with me and liked the pistol, but was having trouble with the slide. I re-installed the original recoil spring, which functioned with out incident and easier for her to operate. The extra power mag spring operated when fired, but when chambering the frist round it would not strip and chamber the round. When I got home, I re-installed the original mag spring and every round chambered.

I should have waited and seen if I had a problem before I installed all the springs. For $20, I don't have much invested, but at this time I'm not using the recoil, trigger guard and extra-power mag springs and will probally re-install the original hammer spring.
Dodge9This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge9This View Post
I should have waited and seen if I had a problem before I installed all the springs. ...
From experience springs wisdom.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Search tags for this page

walther service pack

wolf extra power firing pin spring for s&w m&p 9c

wolf gun springs for ppk

wolf spring review

wolf walther springs

wolff gun springs review

wolff pistol magazine sprinfs

Click on a term to search for related topics.