Would you trust the PK380 as a carry pistol? - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PK380

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2017, 10:04 PM   #21
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
I would sooner trust a sharp-cornered brick.

M
Zebra likes this.
MGMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #22

1917-1911M .38
I find myself moving away from .380 firearms. The PPK is a beautiful pistol but I don't enjoy the recoil. The smaller .380...LCP, Smith Bodyguard, etc. all work fine but there are a number of smaller, thin 9mm single stack pistols on the market these days. And the 9mm round is just much more powerful and considerably less expensive.

The PK 380 has had a checkered past and with P22 parts in it...specifically the hammer spring (quite a few have broken) which I just wouldn't feel comfortable with one. As a range gun perhaps, as a trainer, perhaps, as a backup, perhaps. But as the only gun on my person....there are just better choices it seems to me. Reliability comes first followed by how a firearm fits my hand. In a toss up between small and slim, the PPS models or the PK 380.....I'd have to go with the PPS pistols.

Do you specifically need 9mm power....I don't think so. A PP in .32 would probably be fine if you know how to shoot it and at least you could depend on it being very reliable. All steel, light, small grip.....I don't want to be shot with anything... .22, .25 included. One thing a self defense firearm must be to me is reliable....very, very reliable. 1917
Fritzdecatze likes this.
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:58 PM   #23
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Face it, it's a Taurus wearing a Walther Banner. Wonderful disguise, but whatta POS.

M

Last edited by MGMike; 05-21-2017 at 09:13 PM.
MGMike is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2017, 12:44 AM   #24

elsancudo .22
You could give details on what the problem was with your pistol instead of using rude, disparaging and profane language. My functions and fires perfectly.

May the outboard motor on your small boat fail, and, as you drift towards the falls and the rocks below to certain death, may your mom be unsuccessful in summoning help as she runs barking along the shore.
elsancudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:56 AM   #25

Creed84 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsancudo View Post
You could give details on what the problem was with your pistol instead of using rude, disparaging and profane language. My functions and fires perfectly.

May the outboard motor on your small boat fail, and, as you drift towards the falls and the rocks below to certain death, may your mom be unsuccessful in summoning help as she runs barking along the shore.
How is an ill will justified against rudeness?

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk
Creed84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PK380

Search tags for this page

pk380 won't go into single action

Click on a term to search for related topics.