WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PK380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #1

cedarhill .22
PK380 cleaning/slide removal

Sponsored Links
I decided to take apart the slide last night after shooting about 150 rounds and it took a while to get the spring back. I tried putting it in place and it kept snaking to the side on the first few tries. Finally I pulled the spring all the way back and holding it on the bar out of the slide. Then I placed it in place and let it go. It finally went where I wanted it to go properly. I have viewed a few UTubes on the subject and didn't remember the slide had to be back before the little key would allow me to turn the lock and then drop the other locking part.

I think I will be using a Bore Snake with the slide open next time because it is easier to clean the bore that way and maybe after 500+ shots take it apart again.

But I really love the pistol and it doesn't kick as much as a PPK/S that I have.
J
cedarhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #2

willboat .22
It took a little practice to get the recoil spring/guide rod back in place. I hold the assembly in my right hand between my thumb and middle finger with my index finger on the top (back flat portion) of the guide rod. I then push the spring up onto the guide rod with my left hand, a few small moves at a time, holding the spring in place until the front tip of the guide rod is clear of the spring. Push it into the slide and drop it into place. Practice is the best teacher. Good luck. In all cases, do NOT point back of the slide toward the flat screen tv.

I find the recoil just barely heavier than a 22. It's a great little gun.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #3

cedarhill .22
spring

I saw a utube on the PK380 where a .22 cleaning rod was inserted in the hole and the spring was threaded on it. As the spring rod was pushed forward the cleaning rod was backed out and it put the assembly in place where it belongs above the barrel. I haven't tried it but it looks easy to try it next time I have to clean the barrel.

Also saw a tire valve cap used as key to turn the lock. The valve cap is a slotted cap. I will look around for one if I lose my key. The key doesn't look very strong to me and I may need it in the future.
J

Last edited by cedarhill; 04-10-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #4

KsThumper .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarhill View Post
I saw a utube on the PK380 where a .22 cleaning rod was inserted in the hole and the spring was threaded on it. As the spring rod was pushed forward the cleaning rod was backed out and it put the assembly in place where it belongs above the barrel. I haven't tried it but it looks easy to try it next time I have to clean the barrel.
That is way I do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarhill View Post
Also saw a tire valve cap used as key to turn the lock. The valve cap is a slotted cap. I will look around for one if I lose my key. The key doesn't look very strong to me and I may need it in the futrure.
J
It is called a Schrader valve tool - used to remove the Schrader valve on tires and AC units. The Schrader valve is what closes to keep the air or freon in.

Here is the smallest tool that I have found:

Schrader Core removal tool Schrader Core removal tool
KsThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #5

jimnlin .22
Well I cheat. I use a pair of forceps, compress spring on rod, apply the tool and take my time to install, no cussing.

Jim
jimnlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #6

cedarhill .22
I like the Foreceps idea as well and I may try that next time. It was a pain to to put the pin in the first time.
J

Last edited by searcher451; 04-11-2013 at 12:40 AM. Reason: font
Old 04-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #7

cedarhill .22
Spring

I tried the .22 rod and I still had a little problem. I will try forceps next time to keep the spring back. Had a better practice at the range today and pistol keeps working like a charm.
J

Last edited by cedarhill; 04-10-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #8

blownbudget .22
anyone know how to remove the slide stop lever?
blownbudget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #9

eddbrowne .22
Removing the slide takedown clip ...
http://www.tanfo.de/0_WA/DISASSEMBLE_PK380.wmv
at 1:20 . This is to remove that part, which is not commonly done.

If you mean the slide lock-back latch, then proceed as in the above video to where
the action is removed from the grip, then remove the tricky little spring at the latch.
eddbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PK380

Search tags for this page
cleaning pk380
cleaning walther pk380
customized slide remover for pk380
how do you remove the clip from a smith an wesson pk380
how to take apart a walther pk380

remove slide smith wesson pk380 walker

tool for cleaning pk380
walther 380 pistol how to take apart and take spring in and out

walther pk380 cleaning

were i can find a key to unlock a smith & wesson ppk 380
what does a pk 380 look like
what does a pk380 key look like
Click on a term to search for related topics.