Walther Forums banner

P99C - softer shooting?

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  wbrian 
#1 ·
I've read this on a couple of threads now. Is the P99C really softer shooting? Is it because of the different spring setup? Sounds like a 'winner' of a Walther. :) All True?:rolleyes:

#3 ·
It's softer shooting than a 10mm or .357SIG.... :D

I don't have any issues with mine. Then again, a Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 Mg with hot handloads doesn't faze me, either. It's all relative.

The only small gun that really gave me pause was an XD-S in .45 with +p loads....that sorta stung my hand. Other than that, I've never had anything in roughly the size of the PPS/P99cbother me in the least. But as I said, it's all subjective.

#7 ·
I own one of each, P99 and P99c, both 9mm. The full size feels less snappy to me, but most of my shooting is USPSA or similar, so "softer" to me tends to mean "easier to control in recoil" and "easier to maintain accuracy while shooting quickly." YMMV - shoot them back to back with the same ammo and see what you think.

#12 ·
Used the P99c in USPSA (Production) for several years, as it was my only gun at the time. The P99c was alright, and for somebody who doesn't have the time/budget to put in a lot of live fire practice, I was doing ok, but the full size was clearly an upgrade; the first classifier I shot with it was just barely into B class (63%), and so far, remains one of my highest scores. I just got the full size in summer of 2016, and I'm still trying to fight my way out of C and into B, but the new gun definitely made a positive difference in my scores.

Long story short, I think the P99c is ok for USPSA, but if you use it for that purpose, you're handicapping yourself at least a little bit. The full size is easier to do well with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.