WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2016, 07:13 PM   #11

olstyn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Walther View Post
He could have screwed the rail to the dust cover with a tapped hole. There's plenty of room there for a flush+ screw.
If it was done that way, then there's a hole in the frame that shouldn't be there, which would, for me at least, drive the value even further down. Whatever the attachment method, it makes me wonder what other kitchen table gunsmithing might have been done. If I was a prospective buyer, I'd be inspecting the feedramp for unauthorized "polishing," etc. Unless the seller can find a foolish buyer, that gun is going to be on the market for a LONG time.
olstyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-01-2016, 07:34 PM   #12

Herr Walther Unproven
There's already a rail that shouldn't be there. Paint that shouldn't be there and stippling that shouldn't be there.
Rothenfluh and Darkstar888 like this.

Made in the U.S. of parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg.

Die Familie Rentz seit 1535 http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2091&dateline=1394562  861
Herr Walther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:27 PM   #13

SaltyNC .22
Does anyone else have a pistol with a stippled beavertail like on this example? Seems like that could be rather painful.

Salty
SaltyNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2016, 10:23 PM   #14

surrealone .38
Ghastly...
Gun Safety Rule #1: Carry one.
Pump actions speak louder than words.
NRA Certified Instructor, Range Safety Officer, & Benefactor Member
surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:44 PM   #15

Dukes4aces .22
Ok the stipple job on the trigger is definitely a deal breaker for me. I like mine smoth. It was a piece of art....now its something very different.
Darkstar888 likes this.
Dukes4aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:47 AM   #16

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
That thing is uglier than a deep fried butt hole.
Darkstar888 likes this.

pick two..
Thunderbirdsport302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:03 PM   #17

Austin Powers .22
Meh, I've seen much worse... Personally, I find firearms which have been Cerakoted/Duracoated gaudy colors far more aesthetically offensive than a snake skin pattern like that.
At least it doesn't look like a squirt gun.

Seriously, having a range gun refinished in a bright color is one thing, but folks who have it done to their carry piece just leave me scratching my head. The last thing you want in a potential self-defense situation is for an assailant to think that your gun is a toy and continue advancing on you, or worse have the perp's shyster of an attorney try to spin it that you intentionally had it colored brightly so that potential criminals would think it was a toy, thus providing you with an alibi for shooting them.
I've entrusted my life to a S&W PPK/S-1, it may not be able to stop the illusive 7ft/300Lbs+ Meth Head wearing 5 layers of denim and wielding a car door as a shield, but I'm fairly certain I can outrun such a beast, especially after dumping 7 rounds of .380 ACP into him.
Austin Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #18

surrealone .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_PPKS View Post
Seriously, having a range gun refinished in a bright color is one thing, but folks who have it done to their carry piece just leave me scratching my head. The last thing you want in a potential self-defense situation is for an assailant to think that your gun is a toy and continue advancing on you, or worse have the perp's shyster of an attorney try to spin it that you intentionally had it colored brightly so that potential criminals would think it was a toy, thus providing you with an alibi for shooting them.
Unless you're a clown ... and go around dressed as a clown ... wherein a bright-coloured, toy-like carry piece will help it blend on your outfit as you open carry it -- and avoid any draw-from-concealment issues that might arise due to concealed carry wearing your baggy clown clothes -- or the fact that you're potentially trying to do so on a 10' tall unicycle.

After all, today's clowns have to be really careful; there's a lot of anti-clown sentiment going around. We should all try to be understanding and accepting of the special carry needs of clowns who carry - including things such as a toy-like (real) gun with a rail-mounted red flag that reads 'BANG' hanging from a belt holster on a 5" wide clown belt.... right next to the pouch of shapable balloons with a spare mag at the bottom of it.
Gun Safety Rule #1: Carry one.
Pump actions speak louder than words.
NRA Certified Instructor, Range Safety Officer, & Benefactor Member

Last edited by surrealone; 11-02-2016 at 02:52 PM.
surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:30 PM   #19

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
The last clown I saw handed me a chicken sandwich. No gunplay involved, and the sammich made me feel like crap.

pick two..
Thunderbirdsport302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:58 PM   #20

Zebra .22
A $1000 for mutilated pistol? Only in California!
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99