Walther Forums banner

Can a SW99c owner play?

4K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  imaoldfart 
#1 ·
Got pointed to this forum by ShipWreck - I've got a SW99c in 9mm - wonderful little handgun. ShipWreck tells me that the 99c in .40 would be too much round for the platform. I'm a compact/subcompact shooter: I shoot .40 in most of my compact pistols, and .45 in the rest.

Either way, I'm here (and you can't do much about it, so there! :grin )

#2 ·
Welcome. It was the SW99 that led me to the P99. So I guess I owe a little bit to Smith & Wesson. They make a great revolver too. Welcome, most in the forum are not arrogant enough to not let you hand with us cause you have teh SW99. We know that they are near enough the same gun to get along. So Welcome, and hope to hear from you from time to time.
Wagemage

#3 ·
Yea I agree.... if we would make fun of the SW99 owners Shipwreck would not be amongst us anymore....:eek:

Welcome to the Forum and stick around :D

#6 ·
Well, I have the SW99 because it was during that temporary discontinuing of the P99 A/S - the SW99 was all I could find locally. I do love the gun, however, and it is my night stand gun.

I will admit that the fullsize Walther is my fav because of visual looks between the 2 guns. But, the SW99 is a great gun as well.

Welcome to the site :)

#7 ·
kansas_plainsman:

Hey, my P99/AS is sporting a 16rd S&W marked magazine from CDNN right now....

I think of the SW99's as kinda "in the family".. My Buddy has one in 9mm and when he and I shoot it seems both perform about equally.

I wouldn't mind having the S&W Lifetime warranty, but I'm an old fart anyway, so wouldn't get much benefit out of it.. ;)

If you need extra factory mags I would recommend CDNN without reservation. My buddy and I ordered 4 of the S&W (16rd/Leo marked) factory mags for (I think) less than $125.00 delivered.. The mags were in stock and it only took about 5 days to get them. I think they sell individually for around $28.99+shipping. When he bought his SW99 at a gun show it came with two 10rd'ers and he wanted the full capacity versions, but SW99's are kinda hard to find so he just grabbed it anyway..

FWIW, anybody out there in the www who live in Kalifornia, or one of the other pro-commie states who's SW99 (or P99) came with full sized mags and need the 10rd'ers my friend would certainly be willing to trade :D

Welcome and Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

P.S. Hey Shipwreck, what's a good recommended 9mm self defense round? I read good things about the Speer Gold Dots, but have never tried them. I've been using CorBon 115gr. for years, but they might be old news now.

#8 ·
...If you need extra factory mags I would recommend CDNN without reservation.
Yep. I've got two of them for my SW99c, and I've bought other mags from CDNN right along. Fine operation.

P.S. Hey Shipwreck, what's a good recommended 9mm self defense round? I read good things about the Speer Gold Dots, but have never tried them. I've been using CorBon 115gr. for years, but they might be old news now.
I like Speer Gold Dots - expensive but I like their bullet profile - seems to feed well.

#17 ·
Holy zombie thread! :p

What parts are you interested in? Pictures and part numbers would be helpful.

#18 ·
MillerMpls, it's just a general question. It's inspired by the fact that I can't find a P99c AS in 9mm anywhere so if I came across a SW99 compact in 9mm that could affect my choice of buying it.

#19 ·
Keep in mind that SW99C does not have a rail, while the Walther does. Also, you can expect the double action pull on the SW99 to suck pretty bad, while the double action pull on the Walther, at least all my P99's is VERY smooth. The AS and SA pull on both brands seem to be about the same, which is pretty much fantastic.

Don't know if any of that matters to you, but there ya go.....something to chew on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.