Walther Forums banner

Feeding my addiction

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  sikiguya 
#1 ·
My business partner is a Glock man and wants a 43 for the planned month long August motorcycle trip. All local dealers seem to have them on allocation and are saying a long wait...sound familiar??

I suggested we try a shop that we seldom visit....well he had plenty and can get more...plus a huge LE discount. Tom picked up his 43 right then and there. But the thing that interested me was the fact that he had P99 9mm in the case at a price I've never seen before.

Do I need another Walther carry weapon? No. But I'm be at the store this morning picking up a NIB P99 and who knows I may just set it up as my HD nightstand weapon...

I guess I may need an intervention.

#4 ·
I could not get over to the shop today but I'll pick it up Monday at lunch. I guess I'm need to get a set of TFX sights to mount on it too....

#5 ·
Same thing happened to me a couple of months back, Jim. I wandered in to the local gun shop while the car was being serviced, spotted a nice P99 with five mags, original case, all of the assorted goodies, and at a price that was simply too good to ignore -- even though I sure as shootin' didn't need yet another full-sized P99. But I did bring it home anyway.

#6 ·
It is nice to have such an understanding support group!

#8 ·
olstyn

Three important things to remember:

1. You can never be too good looking

2. You can never have too much money

3. You can never have too many Walthers

#9 ·
Was the P99 An AS Version or the QA?

I have seen the QA versions Very Low Prices locally But for the P99 AS version I have not seen under $ 550. Brand New in the Store!

As for Used prices as new P99 AS models seem to be going for around $ 475 to $ 500. with box all the stuff that came with it new!

#10 ·
This is NIB out of FT Smith.... a P99AS

#11 ·
Around here, if you see a Walther under glass, it's likely a PPX, new(er) PPS/S, or a CCP. Hardly the stuff to make one's heart beat faster.

If I saw a P99, let alone NIB, I'd be answering the questions muy by-god pronto, and I don't need a P99, but the want is damned sure present. :)

You guys need someone to keep one of these newly acquired P99 warm for you...just let me know. I'll supply the ammo and Hoppes. :D

#12 ·
You lost me at Hoppes....
This one is in the LEO only section of the store and oddly enough he also had a PPQ 22LR that he justified as a "trainer"....

#13 ·
Well no one talked me down from the ledge....

Look what just came home:

Guess there is nothing to do but load all three mags and get this beauty to the range.

I blame all of you...:D

#15 ·
I guess I'll have to get to the range in the next few days to see if this one shoots as well as my Qs....

#16 ·
Nice pick up. The P99 AS is the reason why I've still yet to buy a Q. The full size and compact version shoot and carry so well, they've got my self defense on lock down. I'm sure you'll like it. But we're all different aren't we! :)

#17 ·
Range Report

I went to the range with both my Navy Q and my P99.
I gave the P99 a quick lube and wipe down before the trip.

I sent 105 GECO 124FMJ and 15 round for Win 147 JHP through the P99.
The P99 was flawless.
Some observations...the mags were extremely hard to load but I imagine that won't last after a few cycles. I'd also noticed a bit of grittiness in the take up while dry firing but to be honest I never gave that a thought at the range.

The P99 is almost as much fun to shoot as my PPQs and easily as accurate. In fact I might be slightly more accurate with the P99 then the PPQ. That could just be the "new gun" effect.

About the only thing I don't entirely like is the shape of the trigger, my finger would catch a bit between the trigger and the guard as I was releasing. Of course I'm rather have the ambi slide release as well but I can live with this set up.

Here is the 5" bull shot at 15 and 25 feet.....draw stroke from my Defensor OWB.

The P99 is a great weapon and the trigger system is simple and intuitive.

#18 ·
Thanks for the range report. I was curious to hear your impressions about the P99 vs. the PPQ.

I have yet to pick up a PPQ as my P99's scratch the polymer, striker-fired Walther itch. In my mind, there isn't much difference in the use, accuracy and practicality of the two. Your range results helped confirm that for me.

However, maybe I'll find a deal that's too good to pass up on a PPQ one day!

#19 · (Edited)
Yes...this was a nice deal, all told it was 520 and change OTD.

I just couldn't pass it up at that price.

#20 ·
2 weeks ago.. I got up and checked the forums. Found a P99 QA with a bunch of accessories for $375 shipped. Did I need it?...hell no. So, I sold half of the accesories and am $200 in the gun with another $125 more accessories on the market. After all is done, a P99 for about $75...plus 30 for the transfer...so $105 How'd I do?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.