and partially drops the magazine on the last shot preventing the
slide from locking back.

This never happens on my Glock as the magazine release is located
on the side as most pistols are.

Its nice to know that Walther will be changing the location on the
magazine release on the newer handguns to the side where
it should be.

#6 ·
No kidding; I love the lever release on my P99c, and while I certainly could use a "standard" button type, I'd never choose to in the presence of good options with lever releases. Of course, that may be related to my hand size; depending on the configuration, I sometimes have trouble reaching button releases without shifting my grip, whereas that's never a problem with the lever ones.

#5 ·
If you were hitting the mag release, why wouldn't the mag just drop out or why would it only happen on the last shot? Can you pull the mag out after the last shot without hitting the release?

To me it sounds more like you may be riding the slide release or you have a weak mag spring. Granted, I shoot 9 so I can't compare apples to apples, but it doesn't sound like it's the mag lever's fault.

#9 ·
The mag release below the trigger guard is one of the best features (if not the best) on the Walther. I own many other pistols with the release on the side but I wish all of them had the current release of the Walther. I have smaller hands and really appreciate not having to pull off target just to drop the mag. I am just really disappointed they are moving away from this great design. I know it will make some people happy who prefer the traditional side release but unfortunately I am not one of them!

#10 ·
I have a P99 .4o in full size and I do not have issues with the magazine dropping when shooting. A friend of mine went to the range with me (first time pistol shooter) and he dropped the mag twice on the first clip. I showed him the steps to properly holding the pistol and the issue went away. Try reviewing how you grip the pistol or changing to a different grip and see if that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.