WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #1

lechiffre .22
P99 clone ? Canik 55 TP-9

Sponsored Links
It seems there is P99 CLONE now. It's called a Canik 55 TP-9, imported by CAI.

Here it is @ JG sales

It's made in Turkey

The decocker is ambidextrous, and the magazine release is different.

From Century Ams site

P-9 Pistol, Cal. 9mm Para
Exciting new, polymer framed, striker-fire, 9mm pistol made in Turkey by Canik55, designed with reliability and ergonomics as top priorities! The TP-9 comes from its ISO 9000 certified factory in a strong plastic case, with two 18 round mags. for plenty of self-defense firepower. A spare backstrap is also included for fit flexibility. Outer steel parts are poly coated to prevent corrosion and to help lubricate the slide and frame. The TP-9 also features a black chrome lined - cold forged barrel, an ambidextrous top-slide-mounted decocker for super-safe carry, click adjustable 3 dot sighting system, cocking indicator and a front accessory rail for all your bling!

Do the interns get Glocks ?

Last edited by lechiffre; 07-29-2012 at 07:11 AM.
lechiffre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #2

lechiffre .22
Credit where credit is due

I found a thread from early this year on this forum

this one

Old 07-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #3

balance .22
It does look similar to a P99.

Does anyone here actually buy these pistols? I never see these Turkish clones/copies of pistols being bought, sold, or reviewed by people in the US.

Here is another Turkish pistol that looks like an H&K USP:

usp clone?

And another that looks like a CZ:

A Turkish Firearms Tour: Day 4 - Handguns

I would be interested in how similar these pistols are, and how they measure up to the "real thing".
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #4

KarlHungus .22
It looks like the mags hold 17 instead of 18 rounds.

I would like to see some more detailed specs on it. In particular, the overall height. The grip looks longer than a P99's grip, which would stand to reason if one or two more rounds were being stuffed into it.

I think I could get on board with buying one of these if, and only if, I knew the availability of additional magazines and the cost thereof.
KarlHungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #5

safearm .22
It looks like a +2 magazine with an extended magazine base plate. I imagine that a magazine with flat base plate would hold 16 rounds, just like the original P99 magazines.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
So.....how many different gun manufactures have come up with a clone of the Walther P99? Quite a few, I'd say. And what does that say about the Walther P99? Duh, must be a pretty good platform. As for me, I've always been of the opinion that ya get what ya pay for , and in the case of a cloned gun that's $200 bucks cheaper than the real McCoy, I'll stick with the 'Real McCoy'.....it's only money..... I hate cheap krap.....bought a cheap tap & die set years ago. Tried threading some 4130 1/4" rods....these dies were so cheap and boogered up the threads so bad that I threw the whole set in the garbage and replaced em' with a more expensive set (made in uhmerica). I was very pleased with the new set....I have the same feeling about some of these cheap gun clones....they're cutting corners somewhere....hmmmmmmm. I be likin' my Walthers.....they make me smile....a lot.....
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #7

KarlHungus .22
Hmm... I don't know. Some things have been cloned over the years with pretty good success. Take the good old 1911. Plenty of copies and flavors out there. While they all follow the same basic design and operation, I posit that a number of them are done better than the original. Copies of pistols are made all the time with varying degrees of quality.

My M1A is a clone of the M14, made with all of its obvious differences by a manufacturer that did not make the original M14. Does that mean that it doesn't work or that it isn't a good rifle on its own? Same with AKs and AR-15s. They have been cloned to death. Some great, some not.

It's possible that one day someone will clone the P99 good enough to be on par with a Walther made pistol, so I'll still consider the possibilities and perk up my ears when I hear or read that someone is trying.

I'll wait to hear more about this pistol from some folks that have got to handle it and test it before I write it off. Sometimes there is that rare occasion that you get more than you pay for....
Old 07-31-2012, 02:37 AM   #8

lechiffre .22
Quote:
So.....how many different gun manufactures have come up with a clone of the Walther P99?
This would be the first clone.

The others (S&W, Magnum Research) were/are licenced copies, with frames and parts made by Walther.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:03 AM   #9

Boogs .22
$350? Hmm..

Save time, buy a 99!
imaoldfart likes this.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #10

KarlHungus .22
If you look real closely at the bottom rear of the grip, it looks as though there is a tremendously large lip that mates up with the bottom of the magazine (much larger that the overlap between grip and magazine on a P99). It looks as though it would make the use of P99 mags impracticable. The bottom rear of the grip will stick out proud well past the flat floor plate of the P99 magazines.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Search tags for this page
cai canik 55 tp-9

canik

canik 55

canik 55 review

canik 55 tp 9

canik 55 tp-9

canik 55 tp9

canik tp9

canik tp9 review

canik55 tp-9

canik55 tp9

canik55 tp9 review
Click on a term to search for related topics.