WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 06:44 AM   #1

Kiba .22
Question P99Q .40?

Sponsored Links
Ok here goes. First off I'd just like to thank all of you here in the forum. Most of you seem to give good info to those with valid questions. I have been studying the forums closely for more than 6 months. I'm sure my wife would say it feels like years. I've always wanted a P99 and now I am able to finally purchase one.

Now to the point. I settled on the QA .40 model. I have tried both the QA and AS models and I just like the way the QA feels. Personal taste I suppose. So two months ago when I first started looking into buying one I could only find one place in Tucson that would be able to order it for me. However I just called the place yesterday and they informed me that they could no longer order that model but stated that they could order a P99Q .40.

I had no idea they offered that model P99 here in the states so I did the search option and I read all the forums and I could only find that the PPQ was available in the states.

Could someone please shed some light on this and if you have technical info that would be great. I went to WaltherAmerica.com and they don"t have it listed in thier firearms section.

So let 'em rip.
Kiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
Supporting Member

UniversalExports .38
The link to Walther Firearms on WaltherAmerica.

The link to the Walther PPQ on WaltherAmerica.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #3

FlyingBrickyard .22
Quote:
Could someone please shed some light on this and if you have technical info that would be great. I went to WaltherAmerica.com and they don"t have it listed in thier firearms section.
Sounds to me like they're confused and are speaking of the PPQ.

Best advice I can give is to ask them for the SKU ("skew") and compare it to what's listed on the Walther/S&W site. Then you'll know for certain what it is you're getting.

In this case the SKU you're looking for is WAP00Q40 for a PPQ in .40 S&W, or WAP78013 for a P99QA in .40 S&W (WAP78022 for the QA .40 S&W 10 round magazine version if you live in someplace like Kalifornia or Massachusettstan).

It may be that your local shop can't order the QA anymore, as it seems to have been replaced by the PPQ. In that case you may have to hunt down someplace online and have it shipped to your local store, but I imagine the availability for new QAs will be drying up sooner rather than later now that the PPQ is out there.

Last edited by FlyingBrickyard; 07-19-2011 at 01:23 PM.
FlyingBrickyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
It seems to me that the folks at CDNN Sports was offering the full-sized P99 QA model a short time ago for an excellent price. They also were offering the P99C QA. Not sure if they were just in 9mm or .40 S&W, but it would be worth a phone call. Here's a link:

Buy Gun Accessories, Hi-Capacity Mags, Scopes, Gun Parts & More at CDNN Sports, Inc.

The new PPQ is a terrific pistol, new to the market. The P99 has been a terrific pistol for a good long time now. That may influence which way you to decide to go.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #5

AoxoMoxoA .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBrickyard View Post
Sounds to me like they're confused and are speaking of the PPQ.
Maybe not... There is a such animal as a P99Q as this recent post (click link below) from TANFOGLIO illustrates...

P99Q VS PPQ
AoxoMoxoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:42 AM   #6

FlyingBrickyard .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoxoMoxoA View Post
Maybe not... There is a such animal as a P99Q as this recent post (click link below) from TANFOGLIO illustrates...

P99Q VS PPQ
I'm aware of it, but I don't believe it's available in the US, hence my comment. I probably wasn't as clear on that as I should have been.
FlyingBrickyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #7

Kiba .22
Thanks for the help. I think TANFOGLIO is in Germany, and that's why he has TWO P99Qs. (A lil jealous) Guy takes awesome pictures. Thanks Searcher for the info, have everything lined up and should have my first P99 in a few weeks. Good price too. Man I can't wait, feel like a kid right before Christmas.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:05 AM   #8

Kiba .22
Thanks Searcher 451, the info helped a lot. I really appreciate it. They had them for $479.95 when I first called them. Then last monday when I ordered it they had dropped to $439.97. A real great deal considering they were going for $590-$650 at the start of summer. Now I'm the proud owner of my first firearm and it's a Walther P99 QA!!!!! (.40 S&W).
Old 08-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #9
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Excellent ... nice to hear that you are a happy camper. That's what we are all here for.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Search tags for this page
p99 universal 6-v light

p99q

p99q magazin
p99qs

walther p99q

walther p99q case
walther p99q in america
walther p99q specs
walther p99qs
walther p99qs accessory

waltherp99q

whats a better pistol between a p99 as and a p99qs
Click on a term to search for related topics.