WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P5

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2017, 05:17 AM   #1

Juanesku .22
Walther P5 COMPACT new to premiere!!!

Hello everyone!!!

I have been offered a spectacular Walther P5 Compact, brand new, has never shot, only Walther test shots.

A friend bought it years ago and has been kept until now in a safe that has decided to sell it. It is a Walther P5 Compact, it is complete with its box, two chargers and all the documentation. I repeat that it is brand new.

My question is the following, do you think it is a good weapon as a defense? I want to buy it as a personal defense but I have doubts about whether it is a good weapon.

What dou you recommend?

I'm very grateful for your help and comments.

Best Regards from Spain

Juanesku
Juanesku is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-12-2017, 01:52 PM   #2

Bshazzer .22
P5 Compact Mint

Buy It! You can't do any better than this pistol. It's one of the most expensive, but it has design features others haven't matched. 9mm ammo is now as effective as even a .45, so for home defense or carry (it's a little heavy) in my opinion it can't be beat. I have four, two in the condition you mention.
Pilotsteve likes this.
Bshazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:20 PM   #3

halfmoonclip .22
Hate to hear the price; hopefully both buyer and seller are happy. The regular P5 is a honey and the C is reputed to be as well. Assuming you can afford it, you'd be a chump to miss out.
I'll offer my usual Johnny-one-note caveat about using a virtually irreplaceable pistol as a defensive arm. Some might not want you to even fire it, and there are other, cheaper and utterly ordinary arms for defense.
Moon
Pilotsteve likes this.

German cars, Austrian guns, Irish beer
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2017, 08:27 AM   #4

madpollock .22
RUN, don't walk!. Buy it!
madpollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:39 PM   #5

Redcat94 .22
I wouldn't have a problem carrying a P5C. If the price is right then buy it (and show us some pics).
Old 05-14-2017, 06:26 AM   #6

Juanesku .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshazzer View Post
Buy It! You can't do any better than this pistol. It's one of the most expensive, but it has design features others haven't matched. 9mm ammo is now as effective as even a .45, so for home defense or carry (it's a little heavy) in my opinion it can't be beat. I have four, two in the condition you mention.
Okay! Thank you very much!
The pistol is beautiful, I want it only for home safety and self defense.
I do not know the model very well but they speak wonderful things about it.

Best Regards,
Juanesku
Old 05-14-2017, 06:28 AM   #7

Juanesku .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
Hate to hear the price; hopefully both buyer and seller are happy. The regular P5 is a honey and the C is reputed to be as well. Assuming you can afford it, you'd be a chump to miss out.
I'll offer my usual Johnny-one-note caveat about using a virtually irreplaceable pistol as a defensive arm. Some might not want you to even fire it, and there are other, cheaper and utterly ordinary arms for defense.
Moon
Does it mean that as a defense weapon is the best thing I can use for my home?

Best Regards,
Juanesku
Old 05-14-2017, 06:29 AM   #8

Juanesku .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpollock View Post
RUN, don't walk!. Buy it!
I'll probably end up buying it.

Best Regards,
Juanesku
Old 05-14-2017, 06:31 AM   #9

Juanesku .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcat94 View Post
I wouldn't have a problem carrying a P5C. If the price is right then buy it (and show us some pics).
The price is somewhat high ... but the condition is impressive.
When we have photos I will present them to see your opinion about it.

Best Regards,
Juanesku
Old 05-14-2017, 08:53 PM   #10

olstyn .22
The only P5c currently on Gunbroker has an asking price of roughly 6x what I paid for my P99. That puts it in "collector's item" territory for me; if I was going to buy a gun to be dedicated for defense use, I'd want it to be something MUCH easier to replace than that, in case I actually had to use it. If it ends up in a police evidence locker, you may have serious difficulty getting it back, even presuming you're found to be justified in shooting, and even then, it may not come back to you in the same condition. For the OP's stated purpose, it'd be much better to buy a modern, much more disposable pistol, such as a P99, PPQ, G19, G17, M&P, SIG P320, P226/229, HK VP9 or P30. In addition to being cheaper/easier to replace and having higher capacity, all of the modern options will also be easier to source parts for should a failure/breakage occur.

None of the above is in any way meant to disparage the P5c; it's a really cool gun, and I'd love to have one. It's just that it's not a practical tool for the stated purpose, at least not as compared to modern choices.
halfmoonclip likes this.
olstyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P5