Walther Forums banner

P22 Slide Issue

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  PRR1957 
#1 ·
I am posting here just to see if i can some answers. So i picked up my Walther P22 yesterday fired a couple of rounds 200- 300. Found a issue on the slide i am thinking i need to send this back? Any help

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks very dry, did you clean and lube her first? Most importantly did you grease the slide rails?

#6 ·

I don't see anything out of the ordinary. If those are the areas of concern as shown above they are normal. The place on the right is where the slide hits the trigger bar ears each time you fire the pistol. The second mark to the left if where the trigger bar ear rebounds and drags along the underside of the slide. There is a whole lot written about this. You can polish the trigger bar ears or not....the pistol has a lifetime warranty and Walther refuses to properly polish this small part. Your slide like the frame is made of cast zinc so it does not hold up well when rubbing on sharp steel parts. Welcome to WaltherForums. Check out the FAQ section up top for more info on the pistol. M1911

#9 ·
Oscarthedog

If your referring to the shinny cut on the left side of the slide that is about .550 in./14 mm long, in the first photo, is a machined clearance made by Walther for the triggers transfer bar, which has two small tabs that lift up when you put the trigger. Or if your referring to the scuff marks, that are from though same tabs when the slide is cycled.

I filed, than stoned, and polished the tabs edges, end, and sides of my P22.

Also. Get a tube of Shooter's Choice gun grease. It come in a 10 ml. syringe for easy use. (Pull back on the syringe's plunger after use, or it will continue to oz out.) Use it on the slide's guide groove's, and the sear , which the sear is accessible with the slide ether on or off the gun's lower frame.

Lubrication is VARY important with this gun, because the slide and metal chassis are made of a Zinc alloy that will ware with the build up gun powder residue and any grit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.