Searched & found nothing: Tandemcross mag extension & spring guide rod - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2016, 12:22 PM   #1

redraif .22
Searched & found nothing: Tandemcross mag extension & spring guide rod

Anyone tried these? Any feedback on quality? Was thinking this might make the little guy a bit more fun.

https://www.tandemkross.com/Walther-...Rod_p_239.html

https://www.tandemkross.com/-Wingman...P22_p_231.html
redraif is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-12-2016, 12:15 PM   #2

BondsWalther .22
Nice find on the extension grip. I have seen a few on ebay (and tried them) that give you 3 or 4 extra, so am intrigued for this 5 extra. Will have to check it out.
Beware of weak Springs on some of them! I had two that went limp and the last round or two never fired. Went back with my oem springs.

I also am using the captured spring and seems to working good. Took a while to get my slide back on, but once you learn the "trick", it is easy. (You have to compress the captured sPring and pinch and hold it as you reassemble the slide onto the gun)
BondsWalther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:33 AM   #3

PRR1957 .22
TK guide rod

I would be leary of the one end that looks to have knurling on it's edge. It looks like that end would fit into the guide rod pocket under the barrel. It mite abrade the pocket moving around when the gun's slide would cycle back after firing. The Galloway, which is the same price doesn't look like it would do that.

I'm also considering the TK mag extension for my P22.

There is also the Nic Taylor00 3 rd. follower. I going to combine the 3 rd. follower with the 5 rd. mag base to see if they'll work together. If so, I'll make a posting on this forum. Also if they don't.
PRR1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2016, 11:17 PM   #4

craze42 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondsWalther View Post
Took a while to get my slide back on, but once you learn the "trick", it is easy. (You have to compress the captured spring and pinch and hold it as you reassemble the slide onto the gun)
Give this mod a shot, makes getting the slide back on a 2 and a half second process, and that's on a slow day.

I can't believe that their "pinch and hold the compressed guide rod" procedure is honestly the way you are supposed to do things(especially with weak hand/upper body strength). While with a little ingenuity, and some minor alteration to the slide, you can get this thing to slip right into place like its just "meant to be," with no fiddling or three handed compressing required.
craze42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22

Search tags for this page

tandemkross p22 guide rod problem

Click on a term to search for related topics.