Old 09-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #11

myron .22
Where can I get one of the new ones?
myron is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #12

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
Right HERE.

Suffice to say, I've got a couple ordered.

pick two..
Thunderbirdsport302 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #13

myron .22
Question

Thanks! I gave the extractor on my P22Q a closer look and I believe it is a new style product. I just bought it new about two mons. ago. Does it matter whether it is stock or aftermarket?
myron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #14

wishmyp22wasaglock .22
I'm frustrated with my p22.
I bought it new a few months ago....first time at the range it had plenty of failure to feed and failure to eject problems with winchester plated HP 1280fps. I cleaned it very well and had the same result next time at the range. i then found the p22 bible and ended up rounding and polishing the trigger bar ears, lightly resurfacing and polishing the hammer, resurfacing and polishing the feed ramp, and lightly polishing the breech block.

i also ended up losing the j spring and the trigger lock, and breaking the extractor (its true that the newer ones are very brittle
I'm not sure how i lost the parts (i don't even remember having the trigger lock).... i thought i was being careful. i also didn't get a trigger lock key with my gun, and i don't have the hole in the frame for the key anyway, so i'm confused as to why i even had a j spring....anyway, i digress

i just left out the j spring and trigger lock (if i had one), left out the mag safety spring (spring in a spring deal) and replaced the extractor with a Volquartsen or whatever that thing is called.

tested it today, the pistol fires fine without a mag in, upside down, canted left or right....it works..... no rattling parts or anything, seems great.

the trigger resets fine, the rounds feed smooth when the action cycles...., but now.....(same ammo) horrible ejection angles (some forward, some rear, some none at all), stovepipes, and failure to even chamber a round almost every time. it doesn't jam, it just seems to not cycle far enough back to grab a round.

any thoughts on why it might function worse?

can't say i like the new extractor, or this entire experience so far....... any suggestions on how to fix this?

i know the ammo could be better, but it's what i have to work with.....is it too much to ask this thing to function well with cheap ammo?
wishmyp22wasaglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #15
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishmyp22wasaglock View Post
... is it too much to ask this thing to function well with cheap ammo?
In a word, yes. Quality ammo is a must for the P22. Check out thread after thread after thread. Like Popeye, they am what they am.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #16

wishmyp22wasaglock .22
ok....
i'm not understanding why 36 grain 1280fps winchester functions worse than 36 gr 1235fps cci mini-mag, but i guess i'l go research the ammo posts to find out.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:24 AM   #17

wishmyp22wasaglock .22
ok, so i have some cci velocitor and some cci stingers on the way......back to the extractor

is this VQ extractor just junk in some guns and works fine in others?

would the varying angles of ejection be due to the ammo alone or is there possibly other problems?
Old 10-05-2013, 04:18 AM   #18

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishmyp22wasaglock View Post
tested it today, the pistol fires fine without a mag in,

Unless you (or someone else) did something drastic, a P22 won't fire without a magazine inserted...

pick two..
Thunderbirdsport302 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #19

wishmyp22wasaglock .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbirdsport302 View Post
Unless you (or someone else) did something drastic, a P22 won't fire without a magazine inserted...
not what i would call drastic, but yes i did something to it. i just took it apart and didn't put the mag safety spring back in upon re-assembly (part #24, the double spring located near the trigger)......chambered a round and then dropped the mag, it fired every time. i tested it upright, upside down, canted left, canted right...after 6 or 7 test fires, i was satisfied that it would shoot without a magazine.

any ideas on the extractor or ejection problems?
Old 10-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #20

1917-1911M .38
I was making some slo mo videos for Crete's thread this morning while wife was getting ready for a women's thing she is having tomorrow. My lighting wasn't as good as Crete's but these were the first slo mos I'd ever attempted. They turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Will post soon. Want to get the kinks out. Like, when you hold the pistol out there and then look as the screen to see if you are the right distance from the lense....minutes of boring slo mo occur. I'm thinking I need to stage the shooting, place a stool or something where I can place the pistol in a pre known position so it will be front and center....not too far, not to close.

One thing I did notice was beautiful spent case ejection. Nearly all went in the same direction, same trajectory. Think I have a lightly peened new Walther style in this Q model.....but I fool around with stuff so much I might just have a bent nail. Anyway, I want to add to Crete's thread and what I'm thinking is I will fire from the side and top with my regular modified Q model with the stock recoil spring and then stick the spring from another pistol in it, 4 coils clipped, and see if the slide hammering back on the wimpy spring causes more movement. Then I'm adding a Bull barrel Ruger to the mix to see how it rides when fired. I'm also thinking I will put some type of graph....pegboard which I have some of....behind the pistol so we can count the holes it jumps up and down. I'm not going to be aiming like Crete....I'm going to be shooting fast and furious because I want to see action and not a lot just holding the shootin iron...errrr....I mean zinc.

Wish, you are moving too fast. We need to slow down and address your issues one by one. Paper ammo specs do not match out of the pistol specs. That is for sure. M1911
Crete likes this.

Last edited by 1917-1911M; 10-05-2013 at 02:03 PM.
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22

Search tags for this page
bersa extractor
fitting walther extractor
p22 exteactor
p22 extractor
p22 extractor and spring

peening p22 extractor

rimfire breech face
walther model sp22 extractor
walther p22 extraction problems

walther p22 extractor problems

walther sp22 extractor
winchester cartridge ejector images
Click on a term to search for related topics.