Trigger Job....any experts here? - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #21

Crete Unproven
I don't shoot people, just paper targets, sorry.
Crete is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 06-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #22

1917-1911M .38
Actually the 21' was because that was all the distance I had. My wife got pretty aggravated, me shooting off the couch at a target while she was trying to watch some guy walk across the Grand Canyon. Wouldn't have been so bad but she was getting tired of holding the targets. M1911
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #23

Crete Unproven
Actually, I know a chap (LEO), who shoots people at 7m all the time, so I just phoned him and asked him what he uses for that purpose.

I was told that he packs a Desert Eagle .50 Caliber Handgun.

He promised to bring it to the range next week so I can have a go w/it at various distances and see what it does.

He said NO OFFHAND.

I wonder why?

Old 06-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #24

1917-1911M .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crete View Post
I don't see the point of testing anything at 7m other than sighting-in a red dot optical sight or laser sight. OK, I triple dog dare you to put up some groups at 21'

IMPORTANT: The aiming is never done by placing the rear sight and the front sight in focus (nevermind the target). It is impossible. End of story. Parallax takes over and messes things up.

The trick is to look (with both eyes open wide), at the front sight only. Concentrate at the tip of the front sight and vaguely align that with the rear notches and let the target be fuzzy/hazy -- not in focus.

Only the edge of the front sight ought to be in sharp focus and placed at approximately the same aiming area every time. This is the only known method I am aware of that eliminates parallax (which is the chief cause of inaccuracy with open/iron sights).

I'm thinking I'm going to need a much larger backstop with that method.

Also, hold the pistol comfortably so as to roughly stay on the aiming area as long as possible (this is commonly known as follow-up-the-shot), after the shot is fired. Just freeze while squeezing the trigger and allow it to jump on its own while keeping it there. It is easier to do than to describe here with words.

The target stays blurred. Period.

The rear sight is just a rough guide. Period.

The top edge of the front sight (approx. 5mm max. in dia.), is everything. EVERYTHING. It is as important as trigger control and then some.

I'll have to try this. Thanks

Back to your post; I like this line:

1917-1911M: "I would really like to see a loop hammer spring developed for the P22 similar to the SR22 spring. That would eliminate the sharp spring sticking out the rear of the pistol and I think put a more even spring pressure against the hammer instead of off center and on one side as the present hammer spring does."

Yes! That's what Daniel needs to ask the Walther P22 designers to work on.
Too bad they didn't move the new plant to Birmingham, I even have the land for them. That way they might let me go out and play on the trigger bar polishing machine and hack into their CAD design for certain parts....like beefing up the slide for a red dot. M1911
Old 06-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #25

1917-1911M .38

FWIW......Stock hammer and a little photoshop. Note the complex shape of the circular bottom of the hammer as it spirals in to create the hammer hook and how the secondary hook is shorter. I've a good idea about the height of the safety notch being shorter. Any guesses as to why?

The other line is what a stock AK, 2009 hammer hook face alignment was. Walther is apparently playing around with this.....so, why can't they remove the tip from the hammer and either round the face a bit or change the angle so that the flat portion at the tip rides flush with the bottom of the breech block and in the process....span the small gap between the safety drum and rear of the breech block. That was the reason for the re-profile to begin with. What I have pictured is how the flat area should fit when the hammer is under the breech block. A stock hammer doesn't fit like shown above.

I'll take a better picture with the entire hammer in it. This was the best I had of a stock hammer....I think. M1911

Last edited by 1917-1911M; 06-27-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #26

Crete Unproven
7m Target (2 pics)

I just shot 10 CCI Blazer LRs with my P22 5" @ a target 21 foot distance (approximately 7m). I simply emptied a mag in a few seconds, offhand. The target was in the shade and I was under a bright Sun and the contrast was unbelievable, but it was the only place available at the range that I was allowed to do it.

So here it is. My first 21' target, ever.

The X Ring (10 Ring) is 2-inches wide.

Kindly
Old 06-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #27

1917-1911M .38
Not bad.....but I want to see just how accurate you can shoot at 21'. Now take your time and see if you can put em all in the same hole. I have an 8" wide chunk of western red cedar for my backstop at present so I can't just go firing fast. I'd better aim or I might hit the TV, Ming Dynasty china or the Mona Lisa I lifted a few years ago. M1911
Old 06-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #28

1917-1911M .38
How about a picture of your range? M1911
Old 06-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #29

Crete Unproven
It's all down to ammo. The CCI Blazers were the only available this morning. I couldn't see much for the smoke cloud. ELEY works best as well as LAPUA, which are clean burning and make no smoke signals.

I dunno 'bout a single hole tho , but I'll giv'it me best shot, so to speak
1917-1911M likes this.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #30

Crete Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
How about a picture of your range? M1911
The range is shown in the SloMo vids of the "Experimantal P22" thread.

The testing range is built in parallel to the 25m range and consists of a narrow corridor in the Sun and a target area in the shade.

I will take a pic of the setup next time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22

Search tags for this page
book trigger job
early walther gsp trigger adjustment
lot of old hammer trigger springs
m&p 22 trigger job
p22 trigger job
pdf book hammer trigger geomitry
walther gsp expert trigger adjustment
walther gsp hammer adjustment

walther p22 trigger adjustment

walther p22 trigger job

walther p22 trigger upgrade

www.walterforums.com/forum/p22/28886-trigger-job-any-experts-here-5.html

Click on a term to search for related topics.