Hands down the best ammunition for your P22 - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 03:13 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
Ironman, we seem to have found a symbiotic relationship in your last post. My girl has three boxes of 1000 each of those Thunderbolts. And yes, they cycle fine. We've both together found the perfect bulk round for "our" P22's without having previously spoken on the matter.

-Pilotsteve
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-06-2011, 04:28 AM   #12

bigfatdave .38
Pilotsteve, ours loves Fed bulk 550 packs, I'll admit that they aren't exactly clean-burning, but the P22, the Ruger mkIIIs, the 10/22s, the henry, and the NAA mini all eat Fed bulk 550 happily, it is my standard .22LR purchase, I buy some whenever I'm getting the WalMart drone to open the ammo case up for anything else.

CCI Minimags are the standard for more serious target shooting, the muzzle blasr and noise aren't too helpful for killing paper.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #13

jbr01 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
I buy the Remington Thunderbolt .22 in a green box. It is also bulk, but shoots great.
My $.02, take those Thunderbolts and bury them somewhere. They will do nothing but lead up your P22's barrel and cause problems further down the lne. I've seen many photos of this problem, and a few videos as well.
For the best results stick with Remmington Golden bullets in the bulk packs or CCI Mini Mags.
mkztg likes this.
jbr01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #14

LAZY EYED SNIPER .22
+1 on the Remy Golden Bullets.

Both P22s in my family love to eat 'em. My wife's P22 almost ended up going in the furnace before we got it properly broken in, man it was frustrating. Now it shoots like a dream. I got lucky with mine and haven't ever had any issues.
mkztg likes this.
LAZY EYED SNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #15
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZY EYED SNIPER View Post
My wife's P22 almost ended up going in the furnace before we got it properly broken in, man it was frustrating. Now it shoots like a dream. I got lucky with mine and haven't ever had any issues.
... after you got it straightened out somehow, I'm guessing ...

Μολὼν λαβέ

Last edited by searcher451; 01-06-2011 at 08:23 PM.
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #16

LAZY EYED SNIPER .22
... yeah, I gave it all the TLC required and it was still failure city. Turned out to be the lips on her magazines. A few minutes with the needle nose solved the problem.
LAZY EYED SNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr01 View Post
My $.02, take those Thunderbolts and bury them somewhere. They will do nothing but lead up your P22's barrel and cause problems further down the line.
Yes, JBR, they do leave lead residue and they pepper me with fragments while shooting. I've been stung in the forehead by hot lead particles when firing the Thunderbolts. But they shoot fine and are cheap. And with my income (which is basically non-existent) if I want to shoot, it's got to be cheap and available, which the Thunderbolts are.

BigfatDave, I'm really surprised you P22 likes that Federal bulk poo. My girls' P22 will not feed them into the chamber and jams nearly every time. We bought a 550 count box of them given to us and we tried them at the range. Hers would consume the Thunderbolts with joy but it was nothing but failure to feed with the Federal, plus a sooty, filthy P22. We ended up giving the whole box to a couple of guys at the range who had a MkII, which really will eat anything!

-Pilotsteve
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #18
Supporting Member

Joker18 .22
I'm with Ironman. My P-22 will shoot anything including Remington subsonic. I must have been very lucky. I have fired almost all of the brands of ammo available in my area. My next purchase is a supressor.
Joker18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #19

tba02 .22
They are funny beasts those P22's
No Fed for mine.

I recently ran some Velocitors and I/it was great.
RGB's for plinking
Mini-mags when I want it to go bang and cycle every time.
and now Velocitors when I want punch.
tba02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:46 PM   #20

Firewire .22
I thought I'd try the Fed 550 bulk and consistent problems. Finished off the box after a couple of range trips. Just grinned and beared it. Next time I went to the range after that box was used up I used CCI Mini Mag 40gr. Not a single issue.

Go figure. I was hopeful I could use the Fed, but CCI Mini Mag are still cheaper than 9mm!
Firewire is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22

Search tags for this page
ammo for walther p22
best ammo for a walther p22
best ammo for p22

best ammo for walther p22

best ammunition for walther p22
p22 ammo
recommended ammo for walther p22
walther p 22 best ammo

walther p22 ammo

walther p22 ammunition
walther p22 best ammo
walther p22 recommended ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.