XTP - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2017, 07:50 PM   #1

Jaems .22
XTP

I decided to workup some loads for the XTP bullet. I have the bullets in 115gr, 124gr, in 9mm and also in 7.65 and 9mmK. I will be using bullseye powder, CCI and S&B primers, The casings are Winchester and Remington.

The first thing is to work out the COL for my CZ's and PP series Walthers. I have never taken the time to do this before for the PP's. The CZ I have not loaded for them. I will also work out match rounds for the 4 CZ.

The XTP is a little different than other HPs. The bullet is a little longer and the HP is bigger. So you have to be careful not to have compress loads.

For over forty years I have used a single stage RCBS press. I decided to up grade to the Lee Load master. I know that there is a lot of pro and cons with this press. However, I found the videos that fix these little troublesome areas. I just couldn't justify purchasing a Dillon 500 at twice the the cost of the LLM, and still have to add accessories. I also won't be doing the volume that would justify a Dillon.

It seems to be a different Max OAL for the CZ's. So I will be tailoring the custom rounds to the weapon. I will be using a general OAL round for plinking.
Jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-13-2017, 07:55 PM   #2
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Sounds like a man on a mission.....a fun mission.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:15 PM   #3

Jaems .22
Since my Garage is full of Porsche parts and the Car. One of my spare bedrooms is my studio. The only space I have left is a corner of my bedroom, to set up my loading bench. I have and old hard wood computer table that I can use. However, it is too low to the ground to make a good loading bench.

I remembered seeing this 9" stand that you can raise the loading press up off the bench. It turns out the company that makes them is only ten miles away. I drove over there and looked at their products. The 9" raised the press up to and excepted level. They also make a lever handle to replace the ball on the lever and quick change stands.

If you need to raise you press, to get rid of the ball on your handle, or have limited space and need to change press or equipment while reloading. You might look at their web sight for products.

Old 04-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #4
Supporting Member

PPS1980 .22
Sounds interesting. Please keep up informed on your progress.
...extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! ...moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!
Barry Goldwater
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PPS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #5

Jaems .22
Well, I have found the option length for the CZ 75 Compact PCR. Because of the length of the 124 gr. XTP bullet. The Factory has worked out the the OL of a round has to be be between 1.060-1.070. For my particular barrel chamber it worked out to be 1.0685. I also used the plunk test to make use that the bullet was not still engaging the groves of the barrel.

I will now load 10 rounds at the 5 different steps to see which will be the most accurate for this pistol. I will be using Bullseye, however I may try some other powders.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion