Anyone else have guns in the safe they never shot yet? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #1

P99pete .22
Anyone else have guns in the safe they never shot yet?

Was looking over my collection and realized I have multiple guns I never shot yet. This includes pistols and rifles. Most of my WWII collection has never been shot by me, this includes Springfield 1903a3, M1 Garand, Arisaka Type 99 (intact mum), MAS 36, SMLE No4 Mk1, Carcano M38, K-31 and others. I realize I might never find the time to shoot some of these now, despite making sure I have several hundred rounds for each. Anyone else share a passion for buying guns and forgetting to shoot them?
GeoNole94, Jaems and Redcat94 like this.

Government, in all forms, is just controlled oppression.

People should not be afraid of their government, governments should be afraid of their people. -V

"Los Angeles and Ho Chi Minh City have declared themselves sister cities. It makes sense: they are both Third World metropolises formerly occupied by Americans." -- Jeff Cooper
P99pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-19-2017, 08:49 PM   #2

Kar98 .22
Well, I have a short barreled, slab sided Mauser C-96, but I haven't ever had the guts to actually try and shoot it.
Kar98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:06 PM   #3

Mogg2112 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by P99pete View Post
I realize I might never find the time to shoot some of these now, despite making sure I have several hundred rounds for each.
I'd be happy to help you out with that problem

Nice collection though, seriously. You've got some very desirable historic pieces. I've wanted a M1903 for a while now. I only own 8 guns in total (just started this hobby about a year ago), so I don't know what it's like yet to have a collection so large that there are guns I've never fired.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:11 PM   #4

1917-1911M .38
Only a new CZ American .22. Need to get a scope and get to shooting. 1917
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:05 PM   #5

Jimbo80 .22
I have shot a few recently that I had yet to shoot and have a number more that I haven't shot yet. One will be coming off that list come May at the Greet and Shoot.
ronin11 likes this.
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:07 PM   #6
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
A couple of consecutively numbered Winchester 100th Anniversary 1894s, a couple of Walther PPs, a PPK/S, an engraved Ruger Convertible Six, three pre-bankruptcy Colts, an Interarms/Rossi M92, a USFA Rodeo.

Awaiting firing: A Ruger 10/22 Charger, a PPK I'm going to restore, a three-screw Ruger Convertible Six, a Rossi Ranch Hand, a Rossi M92 converted into a "Rifleman's Rifle", a P99.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:19 PM   #7
Supporting Member

PPS1980 .22
Nope. Haven't ever understood owning a weapon one never intends to fire. I visit museums to see such weapons.
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PPS1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:57 AM   #8

Balogh .22
Yes, but it's not a passion for buying guns and forgetting them in the safe. When it comes to new guns I often buy two of them: one that I take to the shooting range and one that is for my collection. Thus, it is pure intention. For similar reasons I also buy two identical watches regularly.
RickJZ likes this.
Balogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:12 AM   #9

Redcat94 .22
Every gun I buy is with the intention of shooting it. I'm only able to make it to the rifle range a few time a year. The last two years its only been once. Yugo SKS, Springfield M1 Garand, NPM M1 carbine, and Winchester 97 are waiting by patiently.
ronin11 likes this.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:24 AM   #10

P99pete .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
Well, I have a short barreled, slab sided Mauser C-96, but I haven't ever had the guts to actually try and shoot it.
Heh, another one of the ones I have not shot myself, long barreled C-96 in 7.63 Mauser. Bought it as a shooter too, is a mishmash of three different guns with relined barrel, $300 at Cabela's a few years ago. I have shot my model 1900 commercial DWM Luger though. I did not mention the Turkish Mauser, MAS 49/56 in 7.5mm MAS or the Parker Hale sporterized No1 Mk 3 SMLE either.

I do buy guns with intent to shoot, it is just that life intervenes. I now sometimes go more then a year without going to the rifle club I belong to. The drive is over 40 minutes and then by the time I set up and shoot a few boxes of ammo, it is time to take things down and go home again. Also, I prefer not to have to use port-a-potties of questionable cleanliness. One range that is much closer, and with proper enclosed and heated rest rooms, has a three year waiting list to join.

Government, in all forms, is just controlled oppression.

People should not be afraid of their government, governments should be afraid of their people. -V

"Los Angeles and Ho Chi Minh City have declared themselves sister cities. It makes sense: they are both Third World metropolises formerly occupied by Americans." -- Jeff Cooper

Last edited by P99pete; 03-20-2017 at 04:32 AM.
P99pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion