Anyone get anything firearm related in the last 48hrs? - Page 19 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gear, Gadgets, Tactics and Training

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2017, 01:18 PM   #181

surrealone .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommym1 View Post
Just an extra double stack mag for my house gun. Compared to some of these lists, that's almost a pathetic effort.
Not at all -- because it's not a competition and no one's comparing, here.

If that extra magazine is ever called upon to defend you during a home invasion, it could be the most important effort you've ever made. Heck, the fact that it may may make a difference in practice for such an event (i.e. at the range) ... even if you never need to reload during such an event ... makes the acquisition of that additional magazine worthwhile, not pathetic!
Gun Safety Rule #1: Carry one.
Pump actions speak louder than words.
NRA Certified Instructor, Range Safety Officer, & Benefactor Member
surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #182

P99pete .22
Waiting on four Mec-Gar PP 7.65mm magazines for my newly bought PP. Coming in from MidwayUSA. Just placed order for 18.5" Barrel for my ACR, listed at $599 at Midway.

Government, in all forms, is just controlled oppression.

People should not be afraid of their government, governments should be afraid of their people. -V

"Los Angeles and Ho Chi Minh City have declared themselves sister cities. It makes sense: they are both Third World metropolises formerly occupied by Americans." -- Jeff Cooper

Last edited by P99pete; 05-15-2017 at 06:01 PM.
P99pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:15 AM   #183

P99pete .22
Decided to go forward with a Carcano M38 7.35mm restoration. Bought the rifle a few years ago, but some "Bubba" sporterized it. The action and barrel is still sound but needs new wood as handguard is missing and the stock has been butchered. Ordered new stock and handguard plus some needed hardware from several surplus sites. Hope to get this baby back into military configuration for my WWII collection.

People should not be afraid of their government, governments should be afraid of their people. -V

"Los Angeles and Ho Chi Minh City have declared themselves sister cities. It makes sense: they are both Third World metropolises formerly occupied by Americans." -- Jeff Cooper

Old 05-18-2017, 01:01 PM   #184

RogueTS1 .22
New CZ 75 SP-01 9mm in Urban Grey.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:46 AM   #185

Tommym1 .22
Thumbs up Nice CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTS1 View Post
New CZ 75 SP-01 9mm in Urban Grey.

I just saw one of those at my local range last night. Very nice gun indeed!
Tommym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #186

RogueTS1 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommym1 View Post
I just saw one of those at my local range last night. Very nice gun indeed!
Just finished cleaning her up last night................. have not shot it yet but it sure does feel good in the hand.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:47 PM   #187
Supporting Member

PPS1980 .22
Really wanted to play with 357Sig but finding those at a reasonable price has been a challenge. Found a used, police trade in, M&P40 for a great price. Gun appears to be in excellent shape, came with two magazines, and even had the original cartridge casing from the factory. Midway has S&W M&P original 357Sig barrels on sale for a very nice price so I have one of those on the way. Now I have .40SW and .357Sig available to me in one gun - and have never had either before.

I realized that with the swappable barrels there is a chance of a mismatch between barrel and magazine/ammo. So I have highlighted the 357 on the magazines I have and will do so on the additional ones that are on their way for 40SW when the arrive to minimize such errors (hopefully to 0).

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 872x475.

Two things - one the sights are Trijicon Tough & Bright night sights with about half their life left (bonus as it wasn't disclosed), two is that the Large backstrap is the only one with the gun and its a bit large. I called S&W CS and asked about getting a Medium and they offered to ship one out to me for free. Spoke to someone quickly and the support was terrific. Happy so far.
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Last edited by PPS1980; 05-25-2017 at 08:02 PM.
PPS1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:17 AM   #188

P99pete .22
Found a seller on GunBroker who is selling a PWS Summit receiver system for 10/22. The Summit receiver uses a toggle push/pull action like seen on biathlon rifles and otherwise uses standard 10/22 barrels, magazines and stock. Placed an order, it is a fixed price buy, for one as PWS has discontinued them. Hope to receive it next week.

Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM   #189

muckaleewarrior71 .22
I picked up a few boxes of Federal Champion 9mm from Wally World this morning while waiting on tire repair. It was hard to resist for 9.97 a box which was same as their aluminum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4708.JPG (1.38 MB, 3 views)

P99 & P99c AS 9mm, PPX .40, PPS M2 9mm, and
PPQ M1 9mm!
muckaleewarrior71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM   #190
Supporting Member

PPS1980 .22
357Sig barrel arrived and I set up a new pelican-style case for the M&P40, Barrel, Magazines, and a box of ammo.

- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PPS1980 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gear, Gadgets, Tactics and Training

Search tags for this page

federal hst 150 gr micro walther ppq

Click on a term to search for related topics.