WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gear, Gadgets, Tactics and Training

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #11

Vdub5818 .22
Sponsored Links
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogs View Post
Was thinking about picking one up, which model did you get?
Sorry man, forgot about this post. I got the dual output version when that was the only fury available. Its 500/15 lumens. Absolutely love it. On me always, and i feel weird without it.

Bought my father in law a 600 lumen jetbeam for 70 bucks, and my 500 lumen fury is brighter. I swear, either surefire's lumens are like super lumens or everyone else just lies about their numbers.

For your average person, most of the good quality stuff on the market will take care of everything you could want it to. But, for the guy with his life on the line, i wouldnt even think about straying from surefire.

Last edited by Vdub5818; 10-13-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Vdub5818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #12

Boogs .22
I'm curious to know what legal standards there are for advertising a flashlight at a certain lumen rating.

It should be universal, but having owned a number of tactical flashlights, including Surefires and Streamlights, I agree-- Surefire flashlights are a better quality, particularly their brightness when compared to other manufactures with a similar lumen "rating"
Old 10-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #13

Vdub5818 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogs View Post
I'm curious to know what legal standards there are for advertising a flashlight at a certain lumen rating.

It should be universal, but having owned a number of tactical flashlights, including Surefires and Streamlights, I agree-- Surefire flashlights are a better quality, particularly their brightness when compared to other manufactures with a similar lumen "rating"
Not only that, but the light is more usable. The reflectors of surefire products are second to none. Which is why they are able to tailor each light to a specific use so well.
For example the fury is meant for 200y and in. So the throw is extremely good, yet it has plenty of enough flood for close up illumination.

I have yet to get my hands on one of these 600L streamlights, but I am sure its a great torch. Either way it will turn a maglight into a paperweight, and at less than half the weight and size.
Vdub5818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gear, Gadgets, Tactics and Training

Search tags for this page
600 lumen flashlight surefire
fury vs protac hl
protac hl vs

protac hl vs fury

streamlight 500 lumens
streamlight lumens rating
streamlight protac hl vs eagle tac

streamlight protac hl vs surefire fury

streamlight vs eagletac
surefire 600 lumen light
surefire 600 lumens
surefire fury vs streamlight protac hl
Click on a term to search for related topics.