CZ P10C VS Walther PPQ : More than You Want to Know. - Page 10 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Free Range Time

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #91

dave2002ti .22
Need to Remember

In war unlike in home defense situation incapacitating the enemy is a better option than killing the soldier outright. A wounded soldier has a big effect on moral, takes more resources to evacuate and treat and then must be replaced.
A dead soldier is dead. You expend less time, money, and resources on a dead soldier than a wounded one.

a coworker of mine a CZ fan boy just purchased a P10C. We haven't gotten a chance to get together to shoot. My only comment was why buy a crappy copy of the PPQ by a third rate manufacturer???
dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #92

BlitzPig .22
I would hardly call CZ a third rate manufacturer.

In fact, and I hate to admit this, but Walther seems to be on the fast track to third rate status now a days.

Copy of PPQ? Wow. I don't know how you think that is true either.

The first polymer framed, striker fired, handgun was the truly awful HK VP70, then Glock set the modern pattern with it's G17

Everything else, including the excellent P99 and PPQ are follow ons from those two pistols.
grumpy1 likes this.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:54 PM   #93

Sundevil827 .22
Blitz,

I think I'd take any comment of his (the poster above you) with a grain of salt since the first P10c retail units have not even shipped yet, and likely won't be until the end of next month. I'd just read a few comments from Stuart over at CZ Custom remarking on the changes in the slide from the pre-production version that was over here in the fall and winter, to what is happening now, as apparently CZ has changed the profile of the slide.

My hunch is that what Grumpy saw was the pre-production version, although I'd seriously doubt we'd see wholesale changes from that version. I'd actually be interested to see what Grumpy's opinion down the road when he can compare the 2 versions.

I think anyone who is expecting CZ to have re-invented the wheel is aiming way too high. There are a ton of solid polymer pistols, and I suspect this one will be another in that list, just a CZ version, and for those who like CZ, that may be enough. With the Sig P320, Walther PPQ, XDM, S&W M&P, Glock and the Springfield XDM, I don't know that you are going to see a ton of measurable difference, you'll see people valuing certain characteristics of one of the other is all.

Last edited by Sundevil827; 03-20-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Sundevil827 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2017, 09:17 PM   #94

ActionExpress .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzPig View Post
I would hardly call CZ a third rate manufacturer.

In fact, and I hate to admit this, but Walther seems to be on the fast track to third rate status now a days.

Copy of PPQ? Wow. I don't know how you think that is true either.

The first polymer framed, striker fired, handgun was the truly awful HK VP70, then Glock set the modern pattern with it's G17
Nooo! Let him keep thinking that, it's already hard to find CZ pistols, we don't need to be letting more people in on the secret!

CZ third rate? Ha. I'm starting to think higher of Taurus' little carry guns compared to Walther.
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #95

balance .22
Quote:
CZ third rate? Ha. I'm starting to think higher of Taurus' little carry guns compared to Walther.
I definitely agree that CZ is not a third rate manufacturer, but there is no way I would ever compare any Taurus other than a PT92, to any Walther made in Ulm.
BlitzPig likes this.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:35 PM   #96

chandler5566 .22
Would someone please provide the generally accepted definition of 1st, 2nd and 3rd rate when it comes to firearm manufacturers?
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #97
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler5566 View Post
Would someone please provide the generally accepted definition of 1st, 2nd and 3rd rate when it comes to firearm manufacturers?
The most commonly accepted definitions from what I've seen are:
  1. First Rate: Any firearm owned by the rater
  2. Second Rate: Any firearm under consideration for ownership by the rater
  3. Third Rate: Any firearm neither owned nor considered for ownership by the rater
extremist and grumpy1 like this.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:25 PM   #98

balance .22
Quote:
Third Rate = Low Quality

Do people here really think that CZ is a low quality manufacturer? Even their base models seem pretty well made, and their higher end and custom models that I've handled and shot were very impressive.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #99

P99pete .22
First rate = Any and all CZ guns
Second rate = Most guns made in Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, and Russia.
Third rate = Most guns made in the US.
Jaems likes this.

Government, in all forms, is just controlled oppression.

People should not be afraid of their government, governments should be afraid of their people. -V

"Los Angeles and Ho Chi Minh City have declared themselves sister cities. It makes sense: they are both Third World metropolises formerly occupied by Americans." -- Jeff Cooper
P99pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #100

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by balance View Post
Third Rate = Low Quality
Do people here really think that CZ is a low quality manufacturer?
I was really attempting to discover the differences among those three "ratings". As far as I have been able to determine every manufacturer from the first Mauser semi to today's models has produced some poor quality problematic firearms. I do not own a CZ.....I have only physically examined the CZ 75 with decocker and have not fired one. It looked good, relatively tight but no more so than a number of others I have looked at, trigger had more uptake than I prefer and the thin trigger was not something I liked. Now, that does not imply that model is "bad" or that CZ as a company is any better or worse than any other. I believe that over the long term the majority of manufacturers are about the same whether rating them from a product quality standpoint, customer service or any other service/product standpoint.
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Free Range Time

Search tags for this page
apx vs p10
cz p10 accuracy

cz p10c

cz p10c for sale

cz p10c forum

cz p10c release date

cz p10c review

cz p10c vs ppq
czp10
czp10c for sale
czp10c reviews soocth00
ppq m2 vs cz p10c
Click on a term to search for related topics.