Walther Forums banner

Colored in engravings. Opinions? (Glock 21)

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Zebra 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
What's everyone think of this? And if so if they'd change the color what would it be to? I have my fathers glock 21 sf I'm selling for him an am going to do it to give it a special look so what color should I do on that one as well? Pics attached. 😊

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
You are going to bling up a pistol that someone is going to sell right?

What I am saying is some people do not care for bling & could be turned off by it!

That is all I am saying.

Your photo is of a un-blinged Glock so it is hard to tell what it looks like.

Is it something the original owner can change back to original later?

#5 ·
I'm with 84Bravo on this one. If the new owner wants bling, the new owner will probably want it his/her way -- and your way may turn off some prospective buyers you might otherwise have.

I say that as someone who, in general, won't buy a modified gun, as I prefer to do or arrange for modifications, myself -- that way I know the quality level meets my expectations. The lone exception in modified guns is if someone I trust to do the work has done it...

#7 ·
If it is not 18K gold and platinum, with lots of cute scrollwork, why bother.

#9 ·
Personally I won't consider a weapon that has been colored in and many folks who are looking for an EDC hate the idea....a few days of carry and the weapon looks used and ugly.

I colored in some lettering on my P99c but that one stays in my MOAB and eventually I'll remove the filling when I'm not so lazy.......

I can understand wanting to make a personal weapon cosmetically unique to yourself if it is a range weapon but duty/carry weapons don't need "bling" to prove their worth.

#15 ·
A few minutes in a microwave might help the frame a bit. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.