Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Free Range Time

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
Banned

JW 759 .22
New Beretta Cheetah .380 Two Tone

Sponsored Links

I snuck this into our house a couple days ago. In the .380 I had a SIG P232 pictured here with a Manurhin Police Gun PP in .32:

I've had quite a few Walthers (PP and PPK and PPK/S) in .380 but found reliability to be a problem so I sold those all out.

In the meanwhile the SIG P232 went out in a downsizing leaving me completely without a .380. However, I was meandering through a LGS and found this Cheetah alluring to the point I wanted to bring it home. I like it. It reminds me of the larger 92 Beretta or M9--which is rather a large handgun making me prefer the Browning Hi Power instead.

It has a chrome lined barrel and frame safety like the old Berettas used to have (and the Taurus's picked up instead). I like the frame mounted safety. It weighs 23 ounces unloaded and fits my hand very nicely. It holds 14 .380 rounds instead of some smaller number like many do.

Trigger DA and SA are light and smooth. I ordered a Beretta pancake adjustable holster for it to fit on my left hip because I prefer cross draw over straight draw.

It comes with two 13 rnd magazines and a lot of nice paperwork and manuals. They are pricey I have to admit but I'd rather buy once and be happy than buy twice or more to get happy.

Anyone have one of these?
RickJZ and Que like this.

Last edited by JW 759; 02-25-2013 at 08:49 PM.
JW 759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #2

Boogs .22
Sleek looking piece!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:44 PM   #3

ActionExpress .22
Heard they aren't importing those anymore...nice find.
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #4

RickJZ Unproven
Nice Beretta 84! I also have one; very happy with the quality and reliability of it. The 84 that I have is a black one. I don't think that too many of the two-tone 84's were produced. It has a striking appearance to it. Enjoy your new Beretta 84.
RickJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
Supporting Member

UniversalExports .38
I have one — an 84FS in black.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
Que

Que .22
Just bought an 82BB that I showed on my Mauser thread. Great guns. The 82 is 32 ACP but I am reading that there is barrel and mag interchange between 32 ACP and 380 ACP. I'm not sure whether I want to go that route as this isn't going to be a self-defense gun. Either way these pistols are great. Enjoy!
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #7

ActionExpress .22
Was the Browning BDM basically the same gun?
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
Banned

JW 759 .22
When I was a chaplain in the Army a wife who lost her husband asked me what to do with his at home locked in a box Browning BDA .380 since she did not want to keep it. She needed money more than the gun and at that time I hated .380s because of the Walther .380s I'd been through. So I thought she should sell it for a price I felt was accurate and she found a buyer and sold it for more than she expected.
It was a good ending. I might have bought it from her (her former husband and she knew I was into guns) but knew others would buy it.
I just hated the .380 at that point. I hated the .380 in all Walthers. I've been kicked off of forums (gun forums) for being against a PP series in .380.
Actually the .380 is a fine 9 short but I want the right gun in the 9 short. I found the CZ 83 and the SIG P232 just perfect for the .380--but not enough for me to keep them.
The Beretta 84 is my perfect .380 today. Perhaps that BDA .380 that my cousin (who died leaving the BDA .380 behind) would have been a good time to take it in my own hands. But I had been through too many bad experiences with the PP series to really think about it.

The CZ 83 and SIG P232 came later and even then I let those go.
The CZ is kind of a low prestige weapon while the SIG P232 is kind of limited in rounds.

The Beretta 84 was always too expensive when other guns were around to buy.

Now I am just filling the cracks with weapons of all types. And after I got the Cheetah Two Tone I ordered a belt holster for it.

I am thinking from carrying a pistol from my ankle to my belt makes the .380 a better choice--especially with 14 rounds like a Browning Hi Power but much lighter.

Still, after shooting my PPK 1944 dural frame I just might stick with the ankle holster for it and nothing else. In this world today I feel the need to be armed no matter where I go or what I am doing and concealment is always my priority. I don't want bulges or signs I am carrying to anyone wherever I go at anytime.

First choice conceal from 1944 in ankle holster (a .32 which it was built for and reliable for):

Second choice carry from belt:

First choice carried open to public:

I like the Colt Frontier Six Shooter the most. It has the "power" and natural fast draw accuracy to end any gun fight even in a crowd of less than 7.

Last edited by JW 759; 02-25-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #9
Que

Que .22
The same except the BDA has a closed top slide with a standard ejection port. Maybe some other differences that I'm not aware of. To me the open top slide of the Beretta makes it, but that said I wouldn't turn down a BDA.
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #10
Banned

JW 759 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJZ View Post
Nice Beretta 84! I also have one; very happy with the quality and reliability of it. The 84 that I have is a black one. I don't think that too many of the two-tone 84's were produced. It has a striking appearance to it. Enjoy your new Beretta 84.
Apparently the two tones are limited. You can see my serial number is H43906Y with 906/999. I didn't really care about the rarity I just cared about the 84FS in .380 NIB.

Another thread here shows that the two tone was limited:

TexasCHLforum.com ? View topic - Beretta .380 Cheetah 84FS - Questions

Cheetahs - AR15.Com Archive

Somebody made a "black tie" variation for himself and I saw that in the net.

He bought a two tone and switched out parts. His 84 looks nice too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Free Range Time

Search tags for this page
beretta 380 cheetah for sale
beretta 84 cheetah for sale
beretta 84 for sale
beretta 84 two tone

beretta 84fs cheetah for sale

beretta 84fs for sale
beretta cheetah
beretta cheetah 380
beretta cheetah 380 for sale
beretta cheetah 84fs for sale

beretta cheetah for sale

sig p232
Click on a term to search for related topics.