Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 153
  • 1 Post By MGMike

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #1

Boogs .22
Rossi R98 - .22LR Revolver

Sponsored Links
Been digging around the internet for any literature on this model- http://www.rossiusa.com/product-deta...adcrumbseries= and coming up with nothing.

Probing to see if anyone has any knowledge or experience with it.

She's a bit heavy, but at the price point ($290-325)-- seems to provide solid competition for Ruger's SP101 in .22LR. as well as a viable alternative to "hit-or-miss" Taurus .22LR revolvers.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Rossi and Taurus revolvers are both made today by Taurus. The Rossi models are internally of traditional S&W design and good values in their price range.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #3

ActionExpress .22
I have a Taurus Tracker .22 with 6.5" barrel I bought used, and I love the darn thing but I can't use it for bullseye shooting as it only holds 7 rounds..lol
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #4

Boogs .22
Are you strong enough to counteract the force that gravity puts on that behemothly long barrell?
Old 11-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #5

Deputy .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogs View Post
Been digging around the internet for any literature on this model- Rossi USA and coming up with nothing.

Probing to see if anyone has any knowledge or experience with it.

She's a bit heavy, but at the price point ($290-325)-- seems to provide solid competition for Ruger's SP101 in .22LR. as well as a viable alternative to "hit-or-miss" Taurus .22LR revolvers.
That looks pretty neat. I have an S&W 617 with a 6 inch barrel. It's REAL heavy, but shooting it gives zero recoil.
Deputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #6

Boogs .22
Yeah, I'm digging the aesthetics as well, Dep. Unfortunately there is no information out there on it. Seems like a straightforward .22 but could be a complete bust as well.

Your 617 is definitely on the higher end of what I'd be willing to dish out cash wise but a .22 revolver is unquestionably the ultimate zombie survival gun I completely understand the philosophy of having fine craftsmanship for life, cheers to having such a fine firearm in your arsenal.

In regards to the Rossi-- if I had an idea about the trigger pull, I might just take a risk on this one. Bit hesitant about the grip as well, looks a little iffy.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #7

153 .22
If you really want a good, long lasting .22 revolver - wait a little longer, save a few more dollars and pick up a good new or used S&W or Ruger, it will be worth it!

There are other revolvers out there, and they work well for some folks and not for others. Good quality will hold it's value and never disappoint.

Dad bought this one in 1963.
Deputy likes this.
153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
And I bought this one in 1962.

153 is absolutely right: quality endures and delights, long after the price tag is forgotten.

This Combat Masterpiece has fired countless "bricks" of .22, and still shoots like a "tuned" gun. Note that the ejector rod is worn practically white, but the sideplate has never been off (though the S&W Goncalo Alves target grips are not the originals).

M
Deputy likes this.

Last edited by MGMike; 07-07-2013 at 12:49 PM.
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Free Range Time

Search tags for this page
22lr revolver reviews
rossi 22lr revolver
rossi 22lr revolver review
rossi 98
rossi 98 revolver review

rossi model 98

rossi model 98 revolver

rossi r98

rossi r98 22lr
rossi r98 22lr review
rossi r98 22lr reviews

rossi r98 review

Click on a term to search for related topics.