WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Feedback, Comments and Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
RCK
Memeber

RCK .22
Login / Password Problems?

Some of you may be having trouble accessing the site. Before you contact us, please try to recover your password using the automated recovery utility.

AOL Users:
Please don't be offended, but AOL software and service is lousy. We have had many reports of WaltherForums email messages being placed into the SPAM folder. This also applies to any other free Email service, such as Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail. Please check to be sure that the email from the bulletin board is not trapped in limbo. AOL software has always been buggy and bloated and doesn't do anything for you that you cannot do with other (free) utilities you already have on your system. Their service has been unreliable and they are 100% anti-gun. I strongly recommend you consider an alternate dialup provider, such as ATT or just about anyone else.

Password Recovery:
When first logging on and getting denied, you will see the "Invalid User ID" dialog as seen below, left. Click on the link in that dialog box where it says "Click Here" (the word 'here' is underlined) and you will be taken to the recovery screen (below, right), where you must enter the Email ID that you registered with and your password will be reset.

You will need to RETURN TO THE SITE using the link in the Email after resetting the password to validate that you did, in fact, request it. This is a security precaution to protect everyone's passwords. It's amazing how many users forget to do this step.

If you are still having trouble after trying this, please use the Contact page to send a message.

Thanks!

IF YOU ARE A FIRST-TIME USER:
Please be sure that you have done the following things. If all of this fails, then please let us know, but with over 3000 members, the chances are that whatever problems you are having are on your end, therefore out of our control.
  • Complete the registration process. Click on the link in the email you received. If you did not receive the email, check your SPAM folders. Notice to AOL users: there has been more than one instance of AOL blocking firearms related sites. If you find this is the case, COMPLAIN LIKE HELL!!!
  • Allow cookies in your browser. This bulletin board uses cookies to manage your logon preferences.
  • Adjust your firewall settings to be sure they are not too strict.
  • Access from work may be in violation of your company policy. Be sure you're not trying to access this site behind a corporate firewall that is blocking us, before you send us an Email asking why you can't get to the site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VBM.jpg (49.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg LPRF.jpg (63.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 04-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #2

Rxfire .22
No Confirmation email received

Hello--

I am trying to become a member of Walther Forums. I completed my registration, and have not received a confirmation email yet.

Please assist in any way you are able.

Thanks

Rxfire
Rxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #3

azasadny .22
Help!

Herlp! I've registered and I cannot post anywhere but here. I can't edit my profile, etc... I received a confirmation email and proceeded to login and I can do that just fine, but there's still a problem with my account. I would appreciate assistance. Thanks!

Art Zasadny
azasadny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Well, I'm not sure what's going on here, but give us a bit of time and we;'ll try to figure it out. Please be patient in the meantime; I recall this happening once or twice before, and it took us awhile to get it fixed.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Art:

According to the forum's administrator, this seems to happen from time to time when the database has an occasional hiccup, for whatever reason. He's actually gotten about a dozen SQL errors in the last day or so. Please try to request a password reset and see if that does it. Let us know here.

Thanks -- and sorry for the inconvenience.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Last edited by searcher451; 04-03-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #6

Gisco96 .22

Hello,
I can log in the first page, but when I try to go to Classics. I can't post and it wants me to log in again. When I try to log in from that page it kicks me out.

Temporary Problem?
Gisco96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Let's hope. Did you go through the processes described above? If so, are you still having problems? Let us know with another post and, if necessary, we'll send the issue to the folks who do the tech service for us. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Feedback, Comments and Issues

Search tags for this page

walther forums login help

Click on a term to search for related topics.