How to easily post your pictures on the Forum. - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Feedback, Comments and Issues

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
How to easily post your pictures on the Forum.

Want to post that nice picture you took of your Walther but don’t know how? Having an issue with your PPK and want to show up-close pictures of the problem area for the gurus to go over but can’t figure it out? Follow this guide and your pictures will appear in your posts in no time. Here’s how it’s done… follow these easy steps in order:

1) Use a good digital camera. High resolution pictures will always look better than cell phone captures. Transfer the pictures from your camera (or phone if you must) into your computer and edit them to however you’d like them to appear on your post. Save the picture file somewhere you can find it on your computer.

2) Your picture must now be uploaded to the internet - you cannot simply transfer the picture to your post as the forum isn't designed to store your picture files. Sign up for a free account at Photobucket and read their instructions (it’s stoopid easy to use). Now that you have a place to put your picture file online, upload the picture to your folder on Photobucket. Once it’s online, you can put them into your posts the Forum.

3) Either start a new thread or reply to an existing one on Waltherforums where you want your pictures to be. Write your words, and when you're ready to put your picture in your post you must capture the URL (basically, the web address of the picture) by copying the link. The easiest way to do this (with Windows anyway) is to open a new browser or just go back to Photobucket where your picture is to get it. Observe:

Say I want to post the picture I took down the barrel of my P.38 in the upper left of my library. Move your mouse to the picture you want to use and click it. The screen changes to this:

Now look over to the right side of the screen, in the box that reads, “Links to Share This Photo”.

See the line that says, “Direct”? If you click the information listed in that box (which is the URL you’re looking for) it’ll briefly say “Copied”. This means it’s now stored in your computer for posting later. If not, select all of the text listed in the “Direct” box and copy it by right clicking and copying into the buffer.

Note
There are several ways to obtain the "direct" link to your picture in Photobucket and any of them work. As long as you copy this link it'll work no matter the method you happen to use.

4) Return here to the Waltherforum and go back to where you want the picture to go. Now that the URL to your picture file is stored in your computer’s memory you can paste it, and to do so all you have to do is click this little button above the text entry box – the one that looks like the moon over some mountains:

You’ll see that when you click it a box will appear on the screen. You need to paste the link to the picture URL into this box.

Click the line in the box to select it and either press CTRL V (Windows for “paste”) or right click and paste the link into this box and click OK.

5) You’ll see the Forum will automatically put a special line of text into your post, bracketed with [IMG] and [/IMG].

This is how the forum can link to your picture, so don’t mess with this line or alter the data. Skip a line and resume your post… you can put more pictures in the same way or complete your post by clicking “Submit new post”. That’s it – when you look at your post after you’re done you’ll see your nice pictures on the Forum for all to see! I hope this helps because it can be tricky for newbies or those new to the ways of the internet. Now let’s see ‘em!

-Pilotsteve

Last edited by Pilotsteve; 03-25-2014 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Added note since Photobucket changed interface.
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Nice job, Steve. You get sent to the head of the class for this one.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
No problem, Searcher. I'm used to being up front where the nerds sit!

-Pilotsteve
searcher451 likes this.
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #4

arch108 .22
I will be coming back soon thanks for the great article.
arch108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #5

Jaems .22
That is really a complicated way to do it. I prefer the easier way.
Jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #6
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
By all means let us know what works best for you.

Μολὼν λαβέ
Old 02-27-2015, 07:23 PM   #7

DavidSmith .22
How to you make your image actually appear in the post, as opposed to showing just a link?

Never mind... found it:
Here's how to see the pictures in the threads
searcher451 likes this.
DavidSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:44 PM   #8
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Way to go, David. You get extra points here for reading the Sticky threads.

Μολὼν λαβέ
Old 02-27-2015, 09:18 PM   #9

Herr Walther Unproven
If you copy the correct link from PB you can just paste it directly in the reply box and you're done.

Made in the U.S. of parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg.

Die Familie Rentz seit 1535 http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2091&dateline=1394562  861
Herr Walther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:27 AM   #10

electricwrench .22
1. Can I just link to a photo on my own web page or do I have to use photobucket?

2. What resolution do you want?
electricwrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Feedback, Comments and Issues

Search tags for this page

how to add photos to walther forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.