WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #251

DaddyFixSemi .22
Sponsored Links
Paddle holster, right for PPQ

I email the company about ordering this holster and got this back in reply.

Hi Patrick

Thanks very much for your email. We are surprised that you are having trouble finding the right bits for your PPQ.

Normally we don’t send Walther parts outside of New Zealand because there are often issues with importing into other countries however we believe it should be ok getting these items to you in the US. If we go ahead with the order this would be your responsibility to make sure importation is allowed.

One warning is that Walther are quite slow at getting orders to us and at the moment I would need to order both these items from them so the wait could be a couple of months.

The price on the sights are $201.79 NZD (approx $164 USD) and the holster is $56.31 NZD (approx $46.00 USD). These amounts will obviously vary depending on the exchange rate your bank/credit card provider charges. There will be a small charge for postage but this shouldn’t be any more than $20.00 NZD (approx $16.00 USD).

If you would like to go ahead with the order we can arrange to have the items added to our online store and you can place an order online and make a secure credit card payment. Full payment at time of order would be required.

If there is anything else we can help you with or you have any questions please drop us an email.

Regards
Julie

Now I just need to make sure that it is legal to order these.
DaddyFixSemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #252

ax41 .22
G&R tactical has factory PPQ night sights in stock.
ax41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #253

DaddyFixSemi .22
After looking at the G&R tactical website I didn't see any thing concerning nights for the PPQ.

However, My post wasn't so much for the sights, but more for the holster.

Nothing all the leather holster's out there for the PPQ but I would prefer a kydex holster and more specifically designed for the PPQ.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #254

Elbows .22
^That paddle holster is nowhere near $164 worth...but if it works, go for it.

Safariland makes a P99Q SLS holster (6320 I think). You can get one for a whoppin' $84
Elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #255

DaddyFixSemi .22
the holster costs $46.00

and the night sights $164
Old 02-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #256

TheWombat .22
Kaluban Cloak Holster (PPQ with Viridian light)

I've just received my Kaluban Cloak holster (with light/laser) for my PPQ and I'm impressed. It arrived in about a week, the Kydex is nice and thick, even without the light fitted it retains the PPQ which is useful for those times when you don't have the light on.

I ordered the KC to fit my PPQ with the Viridian X5L Gen 2 light (since they don't have a mold for the Viridian C5L light) and I have to say it fits the C5L fine. A nice bonus since I have both the C5L and X5L Gen 2!

The Kaluban Cloak is supposedly similar to the Raven Concealment without the 6 month wait. While I don't have a Raven to compare it against there is a forum article you can find on Google where someone has done a side by side comparison of the Kaluban Cloak and Raven Concealment for a Glock that was very favorable to the Kaluban Cloak.

It definitely seems to be a good holster. It doesn't conceal the PPQ as well as the Theis IWB but then again it isn't a fair comparison. It is however well made and seems to do the job well. Recommended!

TheWombat
TheWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #257

TheWombat .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyFixSemi View Post
After looking at the G&R tactical website I didn't see any thing concerning nights for the PPQ.

However, My post wasn't so much for the sights, but more for the holster.

Nothing all the leather holster's out there for the PPQ but I would prefer a kydex holster and more specifically designed for the PPQ.
PJHolster
Kaluban Cloak

both are Kydex and made specifically for the PPQ and typically arrive 1-2 weeks after ordering.

TheWombat
TheWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #258

DaddyFixSemi .22
Thank you wombat for letting me know about Kaluban cloak holsters,

However to me and please remember that this is my opinion. their holster's look like they were made in the guys garage with a homemade press. Now that's not to say i have nothing against people making their own holster's and then marketing them to other people.

It's just for me, I prefer the more Professional looking holster's.

Again nothing against Kaluban Cloak holster, I mean every holster manufacture had to start somewhere.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #259

Elbows .22
KC is a big volume producer just like Raven...but the look you're getting is simply kydex. It ain't pretty...it's heat formed plastic with rivets holding it together.

They aren't made to look nice, or wear with fancy clothes etc...ain't produced for barbeque guns and the such. Just a good retention level 1 holster for either daily carry or class carry.

So far, very pleased with my two KC holsters for my PPQs. I have a Raven showing up soon, which I'll compare, but likely sell it off, as I won't be needing it.
Elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #260

rifleshooter474 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWombat View Post
Kaluban Cloak Holster (PPQ with Viridian light)

I've just received my Kaluban Cloak holster (with light/laser) for my PPQ and I'm impressed. It arrived in about a week, the Kydex is nice and thick, even without the light fitted it retains the PPQ which is useful for those times when you don't have the light on.

I ordered the KC to fit my PPQ with the Viridian X5L Gen 2 light (since they don't have a mold for the Viridian C5L light) and I have to say it fits the C5L fine. A nice bonus since I have both the C5L and X5L Gen 2!

The Kaluban Cloak is supposedly similar to the Raven Concealment without the 6 month wait. While I don't have a Raven to compare it against there is a forum article you can find on Google where someone has done a side by side comparison of the Kaluban Cloak and Raven Concealment for a Glock that was very favorable to the Kaluban Cloak.

It definitely seems to be a good holster. It doesn't conceal the PPQ as well as the Theis IWB but then again it isn't a fair comparison. It is however well made and seems to do the job well. Recommended!

TheWombat
How come the belt loupes are so wide can't see them holding a normal gun belt tightly.
rifleshooter474 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Search tags for this page
holster for ppq
holster for walther ppq
holster walther ppq
holsters for walther ppq

ppq holster

ppq holsters
walther ppq
walther ppq accessories
walther ppq duty holster

walther ppq holster

walther ppq holsters
walther ppq iwb holster
Click on a term to search for related topics.