WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22 > FAQ: P22

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 03:21 AM   #1

giveortake .22
P22 Holsters

All,

I purchased a Fobus paddle holster as my first attempt at a holster for my P22. Wanted something to throw on at the outdoor range. After inserting the P22 I could barely extract it. Hoping after putting it in and out a 100 times at the house it will loosen up, but right now it is non functional. Upon pulling it out, it also managed to completely knock off the front sight which I managed to snap back in, but now it is weakened and no longer sits solidly without wiggle. Thus I suspect I will have to purchase new sights soon.

Price not a consideration. I want the best.

Anyone have any favorite owb hosters for the P22 I should look at?

Thanks

Giveortake

Last edited by giveortake; 09-12-2011 at 03:24 AM.
giveortake is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #2

ranmcc .22
Holster

I got one from WalMart and it works but does not stick in the pocket very well. I have a Fobus for my P99 and had the same problem. I think there is a trick to getting it out better. I think you have to give it alittle twist or push to break it free. Check with Fobus.
ranmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #3

S&WOwner .22
I know this thread is dated - but, figured I provide my fix for the ole Fobus Holster problem. Based on my InterNet search - I slide a AA Battery (near holster trigger position) overnight. Pulled it out in the morning and then sprayed some teflon silicone inside holster (then wiped it) - bingo! It is snug as a rug (holds it tight) yet easy to pull the P22 out.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:11 AM   #4

MD426 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpnavy View Post
I know this thread is dated - but, figured I provide my fix for the ole Fobus Holster problem. Based on my InterNet search - I slide a AA Battery (near holster trigger position) overnight. Pulled it out in the morning and then sprayed some teflon silicone inside holster (then wiped it) - bingo! It is snug as a rug (holds it tight) yet easy to pull the P22 out.
I bought one to try it out. If you read the packaging your not supposed to modify the holster in anyway, the manufacture will replace the holster if it doesn't function properly. I even tried the boiling method and it still have issues with being too tight on the slide. When I try to draw the gun from the holster it pulls the holster and all from my belt. Best bet is to avoid these holsters, also the draw angle is very awkward unless if your used to it.
MD426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #5

S&WOwner .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD426 View Post
I bought one to try it out. If you read the packaging your not supposed to modify the holster in anyway, the manufacture will replace the holster if it doesn't function properly...
I am with ya on this but (based on what I've read) - Fobus makes recommendations and they haven't worked. I don't feel like investing in the postage, etc. to send it back. It is a shame that a big manufacture still sells these puppies for the P22 knowing about the problems. At any rate - my holster works just fine now.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #6

RideNaked .22
My Fobus is awesome, simple trick to break it in lol. They design the holsters tight like that because the plastic/composite will naturally expand through usage, however there is a quick break in I did and it works great.

WRAP THE GUN IN A ZIPLOC BAG AND INSTALL INTO HOLSTER, LET SIT FOR A COUPLE DAYS. worked great for me.
RideNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #7

S&WOwner .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideNaked View Post
...WRAP THE GUN IN A ZIPLOC BAG...
When you think about it - it is funny (batteries, silicone, plastic bags, etc.) the stuff we have to do to one holster by Fobus.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #8

Thyde .22
So, no on the fobus then?

After reading some of the previous posts, I think I'll stay away from the Fobus. What do you guys recommend. Just got my new p22 and i'm looking for a good holster.
Thyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #9

Location: The Quiet Corner of the Screw the Constitution State
Captatnman .22
I got an awesome holster that has a flap on it and a spot to hold 1 magazine and a suppressor or 2 magazines. It is expensive but, it's a holster that will last many lifetimes and it's from a mom & pop company made here in the good ole' USA. They were very nice to deal with. autoweapons.com is the co. Here's the page with the holster. The draw is very easy with this holster.
Member CCDL

"Less of a random killing machine, more of a personal statement" Q

My Walthers
PPK/S 9mm short Stainless Custom
TPH .22 Stainless
PPK/S .22 NiVel
P22 Carbon Fiber

Photos of my other guns
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-HCYTvxqRpG8/UOJskqcgp7I/AAAAAAAADNM/Jlynl4pFfYY/s100/We%2520the%2520People.jpg
Captatnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:15 AM   #10

S&WOwner .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyde View Post
After reading some of the previous posts, I think I'll stay away from the Fobus...
If you like the Fobus (I also have one for a S&W) - just step through the spreading exercise and it will work just fine. Don't pass up a holster you really like for a few minutes of your time to make it right.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22 > FAQ: P22

Search tags for this page
best holster for walther p22
blackhawk holster for walther p22
blackhawk p22 holster
holster for walther p22 with laser sight

p22 holster

p22 holster blackhawk

p22 holsters

walther p22 holster

walther p22 holster blackhawk

walther p22 holsters

walther p22 kydex holster
walther p22q holster size
Click on a term to search for related topics.