Slight trigger click right before the wall.... - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2017, 10:55 PM   #1

ashton4ever .22
Slight trigger click right before the wall....

Hello everyone,

I love my Creed but there is one thing that is bothering me. When I press the trigger and right before it hits the wall I get a small click movement. It's so strange because if I press the trigger and allow the slight click to occur, then back off and hit the wall again, its gone. I decided to remove the slide and watch what is happening. I noticed that when it does the slight click I see the sear lift just fraction. I believe its the sear, it's a flat rectangular part that lifts up when the trigger is pressed. If I press down on the sear it clicks back down. This is exactly where the light click before the wall is coming from. Its not horrible but it is there, and it forces me to double tap the trigger when target shooting. What do you guys think. If anyone from Walther reads this can you recommend something?
uwe57 likes this.

Last edited by ashton4ever; 03-23-2017 at 11:00 PM.
ashton4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-27-2017, 12:12 AM   #2

ashton4ever .22
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton4ever View Post
Hello everyone,

I love my Creed but there is one thing that is bothering me. When I press the trigger and right before it hits the wall I get a small click movement. It's so strange because if I press the trigger and allow the slight click to occur, then back off and hit the wall again, its gone. I decided to remove the slide and watch what is happening. I noticed that when it does the slight click I see the sear lift just fraction. I believe its the sear, it's a flat rectangular part that lifts up when the trigger is pressed. If I press down on the sear it clicks back down. This is exactly where the light click before the wall is coming from. Its not horrible but it is there, and it forces me to double tap the trigger when target shooting. What do you guys think. If anyone from Walther reads this can you recommend something?

Anyone notice this or is it just me?
Old 03-27-2017, 03:49 AM   #3

TwinTurbo .22
Hey, I'm John and new to the forums. I just shot my Creed for the first time today and didn't experience the issue you have. I did a deep clean before I shot the gun, but don't ever remember having this issue. I would say give it a good clean and re-oil. I think it could be something that works itself out with more and more use. Hope this helps.
TwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2017, 04:08 AM   #4

TwinTurbo .22
I just noticed that you posted on another thread that you put 850 rounds though it already! Out of curiosity what do you use for cleaner and oil? You could be right about there being a bur.
TwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #5

cuervo .22
That happened with my PPX. Here is my thread on it:
PPX Trigger Question
cuervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:49 PM   #6

jptech .22
I too have felt this

I have felt the brush before the wall.

When I get my CCP back, I'm planning on disassembling and polishing my whole mechanism. I'll make a post on it when that happens.
jptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #7

ashton4ever .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo View Post
I just noticed that you posted on another thread that you put 850 rounds though it already! Out of curiosity what do you use for cleaner and oil? You could be right about there being a bur.

Hello!

Im actually past 1000 now. I bought a SW Shield 9mm for my daughter so when I take her to practice I keep stealling her rounds for my Creed! lol

I spray Mpro7 then tooth brush it. After, I use Blaster to spray out the grime. Then Hoppes bore cleaner and a very very light coat of Hoppes gun oil for rust prevention adding a tiny drop on the striker block. Last I lightly use Weapon Shield gun grease on the slider slots and done. I do not over due with gun oil, it makes mess.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:22 PM   #8

ashton4ever .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jptech View Post
I have felt the brush before the wall.

When I get my CCP back, I'm planning on disassembling and polishing my whole mechanism. I'll make a post on it when that happens.

That sounds great!!! Keep us posted.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:26 PM   #9

ashton4ever .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo View Post
That happened with my PPX. Here is my thread on it:
PPX Trigger Question

Did the trigger get better for you on the PPX? Did you do anything?
Old 04-26-2017, 12:27 AM   #10

cuervo .22
I gave a very light sanding (wet 1500 grit, two or three passes) to the rocker to remove any casting lines, and put a thin film of grease on the surface. That and just using it smoothed it out a great deal.

Edit: I should add that I can still feel the sear move along the rocker through the trigger, but it is smoother than it was and there is not a distinctive click like there used to be.

Last edited by cuervo; 04-26-2017 at 09:12 PM.
cuervo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed