WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #1

fireball_Jack .22
Attn Walther Cust. Service

Reference the recall.
I have to take my time to return it to a Fed Ex store. I have to wait then clean it, take it to the range 2.3 times before I trust it for EDC. While you guys do so so work can't guarantee I will even get my case with my guns serial number on it. This is a blueprint for how not to treat a customer. Since I was a kid and watched James bond I thought your products were first class, top shelf. Well, you have proved that you don't care about your customers. Making a so so product is one thing but how you treat your customers after the sale tells your story. If I keep this gun it will be my last Walther.
fireball_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-16-2017, 11:48 PM   #2

P99pete .22
Walther used to be better, been slipping for while now, ever since they teamed up with Umarex. Also, the CCP is a gun that should probably never have been attempted by them. A bad copy of a HK P7, but considering a P7 will now cost you $1300+ assuming you find one. The P99 and PPQ are much better, maybe you should look into one of those instead.

BTW, James Bond is a fantasy character and real life experience should not be based on movie fiction. Bond's PPK was built back when all guns were made by craftsmen using manually operated machine tools and pride in workmanship were the norm, not like today's churn them out as cheap and fast as you can CNC shops. But if you really like James Bond, may I suggest reading the novels, all except The Spy Who Loved Me, as they are much superior to the movies.

Government, in all forms, is just controlled oppression.

People should not be afraid of their government, governments should be afraid of their people. -V

In the past, anytime several thousand or more foreigners were living within a sovereign states territory without permission it was called an invasion. Now we have several million and it is called immigration.
P99pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:56 AM   #3

Herr Walther Unproven
You didn't buy a Walther. You bought an Umarex. It just happens to have Walther's name on it as they are the ones who sell it.

Same deal with the Springfield XD. Springfield doesn't make those pistols. IM Metal manufactures the XD in Croatia.

Made in the U.S. of parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg.

Die Familie Rentz seit 1535 http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2091&dateline=1394562  861
Herr Walther is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2017, 11:24 AM   #4

gglass .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Walther View Post
You didn't buy a Walther. You bought an Umarex. It just happens to have Walther's name on it as they are the ones who sell it.

Same deal with the Springfield XD. Springfield doesn't make those pistols. IM Metal manufactures the XD in Croatia.
What Herr Walther said...
Old 04-17-2017, 01:49 PM   #5
RDD

RDD .22
I have never had an issue with Walther Customer service, they always do good and treat me honestly. I'm not saying there aren't "Tales from the Crypt" out there but that's with any company selling any product.

Just my .02
RDD
RDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:57 PM   #6

P99pete .22
But unlike the Umarex built Walther CCP, the Croatian built Springfield XD actually functions well and has few problems (I never had any anyway). Yes, the new customer service is a problem, I remember wanting my early build PPS slide lock upgraded to the new one, the customer service claimed it was not an issue. This was despite documented cases of failures by the old parts. Anyway, after some arguing they did get it done.

Government, in all forms, is just controlled oppression.

People should not be afraid of their government, governments should be afraid of their people. -V

In the past, anytime several thousand or more foreigners were living within a sovereign states territory without permission it was called an invasion. Now we have several million and it is called immigration.
P99pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:15 AM   #7

robertandolini .22
Quote:

Bad comparison, Springfield's work and ALL Springfield pistols are made in Croatia, says so right on the gun. They do not try to hide this.

The Umarex is a red herring, it is totally irrelevant to the gun buying public except the Walther fanbois. No one walks into a gun shop asking if the gun so and so is built in the same plant as the other brands guns. ALL Walthers are Unarex since Umarex owns Walther, using your logic no one should ever buy another Walther since you are buying a Unarex.

Its got the Walter name on it, they own it.
robertandolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:17 AM   #8

steve_man .22
Quote:
And yet, it says "Walther" right there on the slide. Does is say "Walther, made by Umarex"? No... They put their name on these guns, so they are, in fact, a Walther. Of course that does not do much for their reputation...

And the fact that Walther is treating their customers so poorly regarding this gun just shows that if Walther ever was a great company, it is not anymore.
steve_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:36 AM   #9
Supporting Member

PPS1980 .22
In their defense, Umarex just isn't used to people staking their lives on their pistols.
...extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! ...moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!
Barry Goldwater
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PPS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #10

Herr Walther Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by P99pete View Post
But unlike the Umarex built Walther CCP, the Croatian built Springfield XD actually functions well and has few problems (I never had any anyway). Yes, the new customer service is a problem, I remember wanting my early build PPS slide lock upgraded to the new one, the customer service claimed it was not an issue. This was despite documented cases of failures by the old parts. Anyway, after some arguing they did get it done.
That is not the comparison I was making. I know the XD is a fine pistol.

It is a firearm made by one plant and marketed/sold by another.

I suppose a Land Rover was still a Ford because Ford owned Land Rover right?

Is a Mini still a BMW because BMW owns them too?

Made in the U.S. of parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg.

Die Familie Rentz seit 1535 http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2091&dateline=1394562  861
Herr Walther is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP