RECALL NOTICE: Walther CCP Being Recalled Due To Drop Safety Issues - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 08:12 AM   #1

djim .22
Exclamation RECALL NOTICE: Walther CCP Being Recalled Due To Drop Safety Issues

Searched for it and didn't see this posted anywhere else, here.

Excerpt:
Quote:
Walther has issued a recall of the Walther CCP pistols because of what they call a potential condition in the CCP that can cause the firearm to discharge regardless of the manual safety being engaged or disengaged. Walther has issued a voluntary recall as a result and will be upgrading all affected CCPs in order to remove the risk of a drop-fire.

Walther asks CCP owners to not load or fire their CCP and contact them immediately to arrange for the upgrade to be done to your gun free of charge.
Full article: RECALL NOTICE: Walther CCP Being Recalled Due To Drop Safety Issues

Site admins: You might want to post this where everybody, in every sub-forum, sees it, as I imagine not everybody tracks every sub-forum every day.
djim is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #2

PK90 .22
Walther website
http://www.waltherarms.com/ccp-recall/#

Sent from an undisclosed location
Old 03-20-2017, 08:34 AM   #3

Ekjunge .22
I just saw it on the Walther CCP Facebook page and Truth about Guns has posted about it...

I actually sent mine in to have some roll pins replaced, so mine is actually in the shop right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ekjunge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2017, 09:01 AM   #4

chandler5566 .22
Sounds like what has been discussed here for quite some time. Wonder why there's no affected serial number list.....must mean every CCP is included? I am a bit concerned about sending anything into Ft Smith given their recent track record of not having parts and many of us waiting for months with absolutely no communication from them. Not a great confidence builder!
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:12 AM   #5

MikelP .22
I had my CCP all cleaned up. I was going to take it tomorrow and trade it in on something that works. Now it's virtually worthless for 3-4 weeks (at the very least) until I get it back. It seems like every time I turn around something else snafu's with the CCP. Maybe the CCP and I simply aren't meant to be together?
MikelP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:17 AM   #6

chandler5566 .22
As usual with Ft Smith there are no details available related to exact issue or even what the repair is. Umarex absolutely puts a gag on their people.....that is now extremely obvious from my numerous communications with them. The recall is total CCP population.....no serial number segmentation.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #7
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
It's just "spin". All firearm recalls are "voluntary", both as to the issuance of a notice and as to its compliance by the consumer. There is no such thing as an "involuntary" recall of a gun.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #8

1917-1911M .38
Owner's need to check to see if their pistol has already had this "fix" made or you will have to pay for shipping. There is a small mark on the bottom of the mag well if your pistol has been screwed around with already.

It seems the drop safety change did skip around over a range of serial numbers and not just begin with a particular number. Or, perhaps this is just noise from those few consistent complainers while those in the know can be assured there are actually no problem pistols.....just problem owners. After all this is a Concealed Carry Pistol. How long ago did this surface????? Quite a long time ago. 1917
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:07 AM   #9

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
It seems the drop safety change did skip around over a range of serial numbers and not just begin with a particular number. Or, perhaps this is just noise from those few consistent complainers while those in the know can be assured there are actually no problem pistols.....just problem owners. After all this is a Concealed Carry Pistol. How long ago did this surface????? Quite a long time ago. 1917

If there's any segmentation to the affected serial numbers Mark at Ft Smith is unaware of what they are.....I asked him directly and his response was that his understanding is that all CCP's are affected unless they have the indication on the mag well.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:07 AM   #10

djim .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
Or, perhaps this is just noise from those few consistent complainers while those in the know can be assured there are actually no problem pistols.....just problem owners.
I hardly think Walther issued a recall of all CCPs without what they feel to be good cause.
5Wire likes this.
djim is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Search tags for this page

ccp recall

ccp recall serial number range

walther ccp 9mm problems

walther ccp recall

walther creed problems

walther recall 380

Click on a term to search for related topics.