The verdict on the CCP: lemme have it! - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2017, 05:39 PM   #1

mrrstrat .22
The verdict on the CCP: lemme have it!

I read so much about the CCP - my wife has one to perhaps one day use to protect herself. We bought it brand new about 4 months ago: its a 2016 model.

I also know that people that complain are more likely to go on forums and speak their mind and not sure what the real verdict is for the CCP.

Should we dump it and get her a Shield or XSD?

While she has had great luck with the Blazer 9mm ammo - stock range stuff - the Winchester stuff is a comedy of malfunctions to use. Even in qualifications she had a FFT and a stovepipe (using the WalMart Winchester 9mm white box stuff).

Is there an accepted ammo that works great in these we should be using?

I need to know bottom line if it is a firearm to bet your life on or we need to return it for something reliable.
mrrstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-05-2017, 05:42 PM   #2
Supporting Member

PPS1980 .22
Welcome aboard. Sorry that the information isn't more positive regarding the CCP but the answer is that it varies by all reports with people saying different loads and brands work great for them and others say just the opposite. My conclusion was that a PPS has no such problems and is the gun I'll bet my life on for CC. Good luck.
...extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! ...moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!
Barry Goldwater
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PPS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:01 PM   #3

chandler5566 .22
Not one of us can assure you f anything related to the CCP. You indicate you read a lot of the posts, I assume you meant on this forum, so you have as much info to make a decision as we do. A number of members here could tell you that they would not carry it but there will be a number of owners on this forum who will tell you just the opposite. Ultimately if you or your wife have doubts that should be the determining factor.
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #4

mrrstrat .22
Thanks for the reply!

Bottom line is this: you CANNOT have a gun called a Carry Conceal Pistol that has the reliability of a broken BB gun. People are buying it for CC (and reading the feedback on this forum makes me believe CCP means "Carry Concealed Problems"). The forum activity makes me think the CCP is the Ford Pinto of firearms.

I need to know - preferably from Walther or a representative - what the brand, weight of ammo to use for this gun to be what it is sold and marketed as: a CC gun and not a novelty. These guns are not custom builds and should be performing uniformly and consistently with atleast the ammo they were designed for.

If this model is truly a lemon (this being a nod to the USA lemon laws for products) - we will need our money back to buy something that fits the bill of a true CC weapon.

Last edited by mrrstrat; 01-05-2017 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:04 PM   #5

ArnoldPalmer .22
I purchased mine in March 2016. I

Since then, and mostly before November, I have 285 rounds through my CCP. One failure, and that was a failure to feed on the last round. Perfecta ammo.

I've since added the CCP to my carry rotation.

Good luck with whatever you decide😀

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
ArnoldPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:13 PM   #6

mrrstrat .22
I believe Perfecta is one of the brands she has had great success with.

All I know is my M&P 40 will eat any ammo thrown at it - I have owned it for 6 years and have yet to experience any sort of failure.

We are holding out hope for the CCP but need tangible data on how to get the most out of it (ammo brand and bullet weight to use as per Walther) without wading through 500 anecdotal posts.

If there is a Walther representative reading these posts I can tell you that had we read all of the bad press (and ON THEIR OWN FORUM ESPECIALLY) we would have passed on the CCP as a life&death CC gun.

thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldPalmer View Post
I purchased mine in March 2016. I

Since then, and mostly before November, I have 285 rounds through my CCP. One failure, and that was a failure to feed on the last round. Perfecta ammo.

I've since added the CCP to my carry rotation.

Good luck with whatever you decide😀

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #7

Vandal320 .22
Perfecta is "Hot" ammo. Try 124gr or 147gr ammo. I know on the CCP Facebook page they had a PDF with what Walther said was approved ammo for the gun. IIRC WWB was one of them. Were you using 115gr WWB? Try the 124gr Nato WWB. YMMV...
WALTHER PPS M1 9MM
WALTHER PPX 9MM

SIG P250C .45 ACP

SIG P250SC .40S&W XKIT
SIG SP2022 9MM

NRA Member
Vandal320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #8

mrrstrat .22
I am NOT trying to troll or flame on this forum, just want direct answers.

We picked Walther because of their history of making great firearms - most of the brands out there did not make the cut on what we were looking for.

We just want to know how to use the product so it is on par with a critical defense firearm.

I am ex-military, ex-military law enforcement and am not a brand fanboy to any brand except to use the brands that are known to make worldclass tools (and guns are just tools). I like what works and brand reputation matter when life is on the line.

If this was a $189 Raven CCP I would figure you get what you pay for - certainly one of the top firearm manufactures in the world can shed some light on these issues.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:34 PM   #9
Supporting Member

PPS1980 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrstrat View Post
I believe Perfecta is one of the brands she has had great success with.

All I know is my M&P 40 will eat any ammo thrown at it - I have owned it for 6 years and have yet to experience any sort of failure.

We are holding out hope for the CCP but need tangible data on how to get the most out of it (ammo brand and bullet weight to use as per Walther) without wading through 500 anecdotal posts.

If there is a Walther representative reading these posts I can tell you that had we read all of the bad press (and ON THEIR OWN FORUM ESPECIALLY) we would have passed on the CCP as a life&death CC gun.

thx!
I hear you. That is why I carry a PPS, no problems with any ammo, ever. Sorry you're having trouble with the CCP but under most states lemon laws you have to give the maker several opportunities to fix it before a refund or replacement is called for.
...extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! ...moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!
Barry Goldwater
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PPS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:35 PM   #10

mrrstrat .22
The crappy ammo for this gun (for us) was the WalMart Winchester ammo:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wincheste...100ct/33117044

I know the perfecta ammo from Wallyworld is CHEAP (under $14 for 50 rounds) and is 115 grain - didnt know it was high velocity. For whatever reason, this ammo works great but the Blazer brand seems to be the best...

Thanks for the help on this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
Perfecta is "Hot" ammo. Try 124gr or 147gr ammo. I know on the CCP Facebook page they had a PDF with what Walther said was approved ammo for the gun. IIRC WWB was one of them. Were you using 115gr WWB? Try the 124gr Nato WWB. YMMV...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Search tags for this page

is perfecta ammo being discontinued

s&w 442 self defense ammo 2017 forums

Click on a term to search for related topics.