LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #21

5Wire .22
Leave the gas piston and cylinder dry.
5Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #22

jackrock .22
I've shot mine with several types of ammo: WWB, Federal, HSTs, Gold Dot, Aguila, and a couple of others. So far, there have been no FTFs or FTEs that couldn't be attributed to operator error.

Like the OP's, mine's a later 2016-model, as well. And I would not hesitate to carry it. While I carry my PPQ as a primary, I do have the CCP for when I can't hide the larger pistol.
jackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #23
Supporting Member

Milspec .38
We clean the the gas piston and cylinder with BreakFree CLP but wipe it dry. In theory it'll prevent carbon from sticking without gumming things up.
extremist likes this.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:36 AM   #24

mrrstrat .22
All great advice - I think we need success stories to help balance out the bad reviews on this gun. When I shot her gun, it always worked just fine and it is mechanically sound.

The fiasco during her qualification was the only reason I listened to the negative press on the CCP. In 25 rounds she had a stove pipe, one click no bang, and one FTF. I am not going to completely eliminate the fact that a live qualification can set the stage for user issues butfor her gun the Whitebox Walmart Winchester 9mm is OUT. We did put 250 rounds through it with no issues before this incident. Technique under pressure issue?

It helps that people have confidence in it for CC - this is the use for such a gun that has no room for a lack of confidence.

Last edited by mrrstrat; 01-11-2017 at 09:39 AM.
mrrstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #25
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrstrat View Post

We picked Walther because of their history of making great firearms - most of the brands out there did not make the cut on what we were looking for.

I am ex-military, ex-military law enforcement and am not a brand fanboy to any brand except to use the brands that are known to make worldclass tools (and guns are just tools). I like what works and brand reputation matter when life is on the line.
The short truth is that you can't rely on brand names any more. What a company did 40 years ago under different ownership and different management and different design philosophy tells you absolutely nothing about its new products.

Many trusted names, not just Walther's, have been so exploited and contaminated with cheap, untested, substandard made-to-a-price junk that whatever they once meant, they don't mean today. If you are considering one of their products, evaluate it objectively on its merits, not on brand-name reputation.

M
Jimbo80 and mrrstrat like this.
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:30 AM   #26

mrrstrat .22
Update: the CCP is fired (no pun intended). We are looking into the PPQ M2 or a XDM compact series for her.

thanks for all advice on this thread: the PPQ looks like the kicka$$ version of the CCP.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #27

HarryPeaches .22
I have the CCP and I love everything about it, except that I can't get 50 rounds through it without a failure. I have used multiple brands of ammo and have had the exact same failures with all of them.
I would carry it though because I have never had a failure in the first few magazines. It is not my #1 though. I have a CZ 75 Compact that is extremely accurate, holds 14 + 1, and has never failed me once. It doesn't care what I'm shooting.
HarryPeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:11 PM   #28

jackrock .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrstrat View Post
thanks for all advice on this thread: the PPQ looks like the kicka$$ version of the CCP.
It'd be more accurate to say that the CCP is the thinner, smaller, and (usually) less reliable version of the PPQ. However, I can certainly understand the reasons for dropping it from your list.

The PPS is an outstanding pistol, and I may still get one for the wife.
jackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #29

rotorblade .22
As someone who bought a CCP yesterday for my son to shoot I would say stay away. We have had a bad run of luck with a Ruger 10/22 and a S&W M&P 22 compact pistol both of which were recently sold. I am done with 22LR guns So I am very hesitant with this gun now too. I am about ready to send it back to Walther and say FIX it, or keep it and refund me, if no refund then **** YOU ****ERS!!!!
This thing has for the last 2 days been a pain in the ass.
First lets start with whats good::

Feeding is good no issues of feeding anything. The trigger is not bad reminds me of the Kahr Arms series of pistols Like the K9 P9.

Now the bad. The slide feels like its catching somewhere in its travel. Its hanging up on something.
Sometimes it does not eject the case it is laying on top of the next round feeding not even trying to come out of the ejection port. Sometimes a stovepipe happens.
Sometimes a dead trigger which is caused by the slide not cycling fully to the rear.
The gun seems to run OK with the 124r. blazer brass and the 115 perfecta. Federal Aluminum cased ammo is hit or miss also but haven't ran much of it. It has a total of 250 rds through it so far. But is not 100 percent. not consistent at all.

On the rear of the frame where the sear pivot pin area is the little arms the go up and down are wearing really funny. Also the back of that area in the rear of the frame is wearing funny. Maybe tonight I can take pictures of the areas that are showing unusual wear almost like galling or gouging.

Oh well there is $400 blown on something else that is not working well. THE PPS the PPQ's all work good but this thing is a well problem child.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:42 PM   #30

mrrstrat .22
We sold the CCP and bought a XD Mod2 and are not looking back :-)

The PPQ was a close second but it needed to be a tad bit smaller. The XD Mod 2 won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Search tags for this page

is perfecta ammo being discontinued

Click on a term to search for related topics.