POLL for CCP owners only... - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

View Poll Results: [ccp owners only] Would you recommend the CCP to a friend?
YES 57 59.38%
NO 39 40.63%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2015, 03:53 PM   #1

Serenitynow .22
Question POLL for CCP owners only...

Tell us if you would recommend the CCP to a friend or not...and why? Did you keep it or sell it?

I know some of this may have been rehashed already but I was surprised that we didn't have a poll on the gun - that I saw. I'm interested in the results.

Of course I would figure that the negative marks will be high. Not just because the gun is possibly a dud but most people with a problem might happen upon this site and complain. While some people with good experiences won't go to much trouble to post how much they like it...they're out shooting.

<<<<<<<Walther PPQ M1 9mm
>>>>>>>
Member NRA, and http://www.georgiacarry.org/
Serenitynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-29-2015, 04:05 PM   #2

WobblyWalt .22
Answered NO because this gun is way below todays design standards for a SAFE weapon, has other troublesome design characteristics too (e.g. extremelly large friction surface in the trigger mechanism). Too many better alternatives. It IS a dud. Looks good though. And it feels in hand well too. WARNING, THIS GUN HAS AN ABILITY TO LURE YOU TO BUY IT DESPITE YOU KNOW YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT!!!

Trigger in my sample was so bad, that I could not feel when I actually started to remove the sear from the striker and could not predict well when it will fire. It was truly a surprise break.

Returned it to the seller.

Last edited by WobblyWalt; 05-29-2015 at 04:09 PM.
WobblyWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #3

silentheart .22
There should be a option for maybe/depend.
pinetreebbs likes this.
CCP is here
silentheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2015, 05:13 PM   #4

safearm .22
At this point, I don't think I would recommend it, especially to a shooter who is just starting out or one that does not have much experience with semi-auto handguns.
I believe that I'm pretty well seasoned, having carried a gun for serious purposes on a daily basis for almost 40 years, as well as years of competitive pistol shooting, and while I might look at the CCP as a challenge, others may not want to take what they consider to be unnecessary risks.
Therefore, in its current state, I wouldn't recommend it, which is too bad, as it does have some very appealing features.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:04 PM   #5
Supporting Member

Milspec .38
My CCP looks good and functions reliably. I'm not convinced there is anything unsafe, bad, or dated about the design. So far I'm happy with it but we'll see how it's doing at 500 rounds.
jackrock likes this.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:44 PM   #6

Andere .22
No problem with my ccp highly recommend it.
Hamblen likes this.
Andere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:30 PM   #7

DocNugent .22
Real reason for my YES poll vote: cognitive dissonance.

Seriously, a spring broke, they fixed it under the lifetime warranty. It goes bang every time. TheMissus likes it (it's her pistol), who am I to complain?
DocNugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:05 AM   #8

wildbill45 .22
Mine has been perfect, which is more than most with most guns can say. I can only judge my truth, not forum complaints by unknown sources...
Hamblen likes this.
wildbill45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:30 AM   #9

Sonney .22
Mine has ran very well. I did make some mistakes with it but when I discovered the mistakes and corrected them the weapon ran without one problem. Now taking it apart and putting it back together that is another thing. You have to do it several times after that it gets a lot easier. If you use normal cleaning methods it takes a while but if you use can cleaners and a air compressor it is a lot easier. JMO

One more thing I am not upset in buying this weapon. I am glad I did.

Sonney
Sonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:36 AM   #10

GP1935 .22
I didn't vote because while I won't recommend the gun at this time, I'm not opposed to suggesting to a friend looking for an inexpensive, easy to rack gun that they try a CCP before buying it. I'd also tell them how mine has short stroked without cocking the striker with certain ammo.
GP1935 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP