WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree282Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #41

balance .22
Sponsored Links
Quote:
I'm a little new to Walther. What's the story with the Ulm, Cologne, and the other one? Why will it make a difference?
Walther manufactures pistols in Ulm.

Umarex manufacturers pistols in Cologne.

Umarex purchased Walther back in 1993, and they have been making products out of the Cologne plant that are labeled as "Walther" pistols, but are made to a noticeably lower grade of quality.

Generally, if the Walther pistol has an Ulm proof mark, it is a good quality product. If it has a Cologne proof mark, it is an Umarex product, and I (and many others here on this forum as well as elsewhere) would stay away from it.

The P99, P99c, PPS, PPX, and PPQ are all Ulm products.

The P22, SP22, G22, and PK380 are all Umarex products.
Fishbed77, corvus, VMPPQ and 2 others like this.
balance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #42

Serenitynow .22
I think the price will be higher than some mentioned in this thread. Just my guess.

<<<<<<<Walther PPQ M1 9mm
>>>>>>>
Member NRA, and http://www.georgiacarry.org/
Serenitynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #43

Balogh .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by balance View Post
Generally, if the Walther pistol has an Ulm proof mark, it is a good quality product. If it has a Cologne proof mark, it is an Umarex product, and I (and many others here on this forum as well as elsewhere) would stay away from it.
Yes, the proof mark may be an indication of the quality and origin, but there might be exceptions to the rule.

Ulm proof mark:

Cologne proof mark:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ulm.jpg (64.9 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg Köln.jpg (201.8 KB, 268 views)
Balogh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #44
Supporting Member

lifesizepotato .22
I'm really intrigued by the gas delay mechanism. It would be really cool if it's like a P7.

I'm just not a big fan of the PPQ styling cues. I wish it had its own unique look, and had a metal frame. Something like a P88 Compact, with a single stack mag and the gas delay system, I'd be all over that.
lifesizepotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #45

balance .22
Quote:
Yes, the proof mark may be an indication of the quality and origin, but there might be exceptions to the rule.
I knew about the PPQ .22, but wow, that PK380 with the Ulm proof is new to me.

I guess going by the proof mark isn't a safe bet anymore either.

I just noticed that the PK380 has a similar trigger to this new CCP.
balance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #46

Pilotsteve .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesizepotato View Post
I'm really intrigued by the gas delay mechanism. It would be really cool if it's like a P7... I wish it had its own unique look, and had a metal frame. Something like a P88 Compact... I'd be all over that.
My sentiments exactly. I have absolutely no interest in the PPQ or especially the PK380; it just looks like a rehashed version of them to me. This pistol cannot do anything my P5 can't, and is therefore unnecessary. Walther had been making fantastic compact, concealable carry pistols for decades (PPK); why they're reinventing the wheel with this gizmo is beyond me. Still, it does have some "cool factor" which will appeal to many.

-Pilotsteve
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #47

extremist Unproven
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotsteve View Post
This pistol cannot do anything my P5 can't,
-Pilotsteve
As much of a fan of nostalgic pistols like the P5 and P5 Compact I am, their triggers are abysmal. The PPC will be smaller, thinner, lighter, and probably have a better trigger. If it is a system like the P7, it will be fantastic. I love P7s also, but carrying them is a pain (heavy) even though they are small and thin.

I don't and would never conceal carry a P5 as it is a "brick", compared to the PPS or even the PPQ.

I can't wait to get my hands on the CCP and my wife, after I showed it to her said "It's Cute" and said when are we getting one

James
Machiavelli likes this.
Walther PPQ/P99, HK P7 and 1911 aficionado
Front Sight First Family Diamond/AK
www.gunfaqs.org
www.lenaburgs.net
Host www.trosusa.com
extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #48

priler .22
i'm more interested purely on seeing how walther implemented the gas delayed system as I like to study the technical side of things. my own conclusion through extensive trail and error,seeing what actually happens in the real world in a defensive situation and properly testing my conclusions under different circumstances has lead me to conclude that proper equipment and forethought has made pistols that are getting smaller and smaller of little worth to me(unless you just like to collect). even the p99c or PPS doesn't offer much at all compared to the full size p99. you simply won't know what I mean unless you've been there and done that. i'm also not convinced of improved recoil with a gas system(ask me how I know) or that it's worth losing full capacity and a full,proper grip,...(not to mention that I don't prefer a safety lever and all of the PPQ qualities this CCP has,although these last few issues are simply personal but not the others above.)

having said that,i'm thinking this will sell well unless it develops a bad reputation early on. the reason is simple. the US market has a desire for single stacks at this point in time and glock boys have been clamoring for years for a single stack version glock(in 9mm),which glock has failed to produce. now glock has finally produced one,the g42,and it's in .380 acp,...not exactly what the glock guys wanted,..but I suspect a 9mm version is what's coming next for them.

if walther can bring this CCP to market before glock does,they'll more than likely have a winner. they might even convince some that the gas delayed system,fixed barrel and the perceived lesser recoil is worth it,even when glock finally makes the 9mm version.

(FYI to the specs posted before. the p99c width posted of 34mm,just like the full size,is a carry over from the german site and that's with the elongated,ambi slide locks measured at the slide locks. the actual width is actually more like 30 or 31mm. but don't take my word for it,measure it yourself at the frame/beavertail which is the widest part except for the even smaller version one sided slide lever we get here.)
Old 03-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #49

Pilotsteve .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremist View Post
As much of a fan of nostalgic pistols like the P5 and P5 Compact I am, their triggers are abysmal.
Eh? I'm... well, I'm at a loss.

-Pilotsteve
BornFighting88 likes this.
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #50
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
I'm with Steve-oh on the P5 trigger. I've got a P5 and P5C....the triggers are great. I'd have to assume you purchased your pistols used and if so maybe the previous owner tried his hand at a little trigger work, using an automotive angle head grinder with a 16 grit disc, a 2 lb. hammer and a pair of pliers. Just a guess!
Pilotsteve likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Search tags for this page

walther ccp

walther ccp 9mm
walther ccp 9mm for sale
walther ccp availability
walther ccp for sale
walther ccp price
walther ccp range reports

walther ccp release date

walther ccp review

walther ccp reviews
walther ccp vs pps
walther pps vs ccp
Click on a term to search for related topics.